road reg???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHINA-BIKE-YO!

Reaction score
how would i go about full rego on a pit pro
i have seen the motoverts regoed and riding in adelaide
but my pit pro is not a motovert......
i have a stamp on my head stem - OFF ROAD
could i replace a frame and try????
or what are my options ... custom compliance?? i dont know
if any one knows any thing let me know cheers
im aware of the obvious lights, indicators, kick stand, tyres, exhaust regulations,?
what else will stop me ????
i have my motorcycle learners and i need to get on the road!!
thank yous all in advance!!!!!!

compliance plate.. it will stop you... then rape you for all your money if you try get one on a pit pro.

Umm you could try buy an rx motovert frame, but then you need metal tests on your motor and an engineers certificate with will set you back thousands.

Simply buy an rx of one of the people on here trying to sell them :p

he would be putting his livelihood on the line i imagine buy dodging the report. if a serious injury was to occur on the street and investigated i imagine he would be in big trouble. so i dont think you want to do that to your mate.

an RX is around $2g's anyway.

yea no shit ... im hell keen to do a motard conversion 4 my pit pro
but at the same tyme id love a road bike .........
maby ill chase down a replacement motovert frame with compliance???
how would that go...... do they all come with a compliance plate
what is there frame quality like????

Could just buy an atomik mine has a C tag on it, fair sure you can get rego for it as there is one in mornington getting around.

There is an actual complicance plate on the frame, its a metal plate with all the bike details stamped in to it. I dunno what this "c tag" you're talking about.

And I ride an rx on the mornington peninsula! Seriously I know my crap when it comes to vic reg rec and full rego. I have asked vicroads all these questions plus a million more and I have practically read vicroads website back to front. It's seriously a never ending story trying to get a china pittie rego'd unless it was imported in to Aus as an ADR approved bike! If it was possible and worth it I would of done it.. but I found the info by calling vicroads and found out alll the costs and knew I was saving thousands buying an rx!

Edited:
ADR approval laws are the same for every state. It's just they vary. with regulations. eg. you can register any adr bike but in vic you need a motorbike license to ride on the road and in qld you don't for 50cc or under.

Last edited:
Yeah it's not and ADR plate but as it says "Off road use motorcycle" and mine on the rx has a bit more info. I have no idea what that is really used for, maybe you need that plate for rec reg in vic? But most frames have the frame number stamped in them, but not normally the engine number like that.

I'm at work but when I get home I'll find out more.

yeah if it says offraod use you cant get em rego'd. I have a similar plate on my Motoworks 125cc on the 50 frame has the same kinda info on it...

Yeah that plate would come in handy for rec reg but nothing else.

OK MABY IM NOT GETING YOU.....
IF I GET A FRAME WITH A FULL COMPLIANCE PLATE SWAP MY SHIT OVA
WIRE MY LIGHTING COIL, RUN LIGHTS, NEW SWICH BLOCKS, TYRES, ECT
BACICALLY MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/personal_transport/info_bull_06_motorcycles.pdf
ORGANISE A VECHIAL IDENTITY INSPECTION /ROADWORTHY ect THERE ONLY A COUPLE OF HUNDRED DOLLARS IF THAT.... THEY SHOULD GIVE ME PAPERS TO REGISTER IT SHOULDNT THEY.....???????

IF I WANNA COMPLIANCE A BIKE WITH NO PLATES THATS WHEN I NEED AN ENGINEER ISNT IT?????
IM HALF SURE ABOUT SOME STUFF BUT IM JUST HEAPS KEEN TO MAKE IT WORK!!! COZ 1CE I GOT 1 BIKE ON THE ROAD I HAVE A COMPLIANCE PLATE!!!!!!! SORRY IF I SEEM LYKE STUBBORN OR SUMFIN!!!
CHEERS KAINO!!!!

OK MABY IM NOT GETING YOU.....
IF I GET A FRAME WITH A FULL COMPLIANCE PLATE SWAP MY SHIT OVA
WIRE MY LIGHTING COIL, RUN LIGHTS, NEW SWICH BLOCKS, TYRES, ECT
BACICALLY MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/personal_transport/info_bull_06_motorcycles.pdf
ORGANISE A VECHIAL IDENTITY INSPECTION /ROADWORTHY ect THERE ONLY A COUPLE OF HUNDRED DOLLARS IF THAT.... THEY SHOULD GIVE ME PAPERS TO REGISTER IT SHOULDNT THEY.....???????

IF I WANNA COMPLIANCE A BIKE WITH NO PLATES THATS WHEN I NEED AN ENGINEER ISNT IT?????
IM HALF SURE ABOUT SOME STUFF BUT IM JUST HEAPS KEEN TO MAKE IT WORK!!! COZ 1CE I GOT 1 BIKE ON THE ROAD I HAVE A COMPLIANCE PLATE!!!!!!! SORRY IF I SEEM LYKE STUBBORN OR SUMFIN!!!
CHEERS KAINO!!!!

:frustrated:
NO.

Your motor was brought here on a boat. No one has actually looked and made sure it's safe to be on the road. So you need an engineers cert to prove it's safe to be on the roads!

You need ADR frame, engineers cert for motor, mirrors, lights, horn and all the typical bike crap, road worthy cert.

Frame is going to be VERY tricky to get as motovert do not sell ADR frames on there own brand new, so you'd need to buy a second hand one.

Motor will cost a few thousand dollars to get an engineers cert.

Road worthy varies prices state to state so i have no idea for s.a costs.

Then insurance for your death trap and yearly rego.

Then even with all this you can still be denied rego plates if transport department for s.a rule the thing a total hazard!

Just seriously listen this time coz I'm not saying it again. Buy a motovert rx125 if you want the dream of a pittie on the road. Unless you have like 4k-5k to spend to get your 500 dollar pitpro on the road?

+reps rach :grinning-smiley-003:lol_hitting::hache:

its like that sometimes , i was going to chime up but you have it under control :coolthumb:

Latest posts

Back