rodney68s braaap build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys this isnt my build but was checking out the new garages and saw this, i dont know bout you blokes but this is a very nice bike and everything is well done and is a 1 in 10 frame. It isnt the most expensive big bored blinged bike out there but it tickles my fancy, what do you all think?

Rodney68's Garage :: My Bike Tristan's Race Bike 2nd Rebuild Current

The stator is stock braaap with a DHZ 3m sticker on it, they have been sending them out with purchases, i got some if you chasing any goose. But it fits nice on the cover eh.

Thanks guys it didnt come up to bad. Im pretty happy with it, the stator cover is a Braaap carbon fibre one with a 3M DHZ sticker on it over where it says Braaap i wreckin i will get a few comments on that when we take it to the track for practise this sunday. This is the first time this bike is hitting the track since i rebuilt it this is the 2nd rebuild this bike has had pics of the first one is in my album on this site. I rebuilt it for this years Braaap State Series for my stepson Tristan he is 13 years old. He loves this bike so much and he's starting to handle the extra power well. Its really goes well this bike after its 2nd rebuild a few trick bits in it now (dont ask im not going to say) but very happy the way it goes now. Its thanks to Mick (rotn50) and you guys here for the info and ideas on this forum that has help me build this bike to this stage. SO A BIG THANKS GUYS :congrats:

Yeah nice bike mate she looks the goods. I noticed it in your garage a while back, I'm with Timeeh I love the braaap frames they look strong as. Is that the original swinger that comes with the maestro?

Yes Brendo it is the original swinger on it. Its longer than the standard and current maestros and this design frame is stronger looking then the current style and alot easier to work on the carby etc. Im glad you guys like this bike.

Hi guys just thought i would update you on how things went yesterday on our practise day with this bike.
He was getting a bit hot so took the jersey off and went for a few cool down laps on the training track.
Doing well pushing it as hard as he can. We had no dramas just a broken clutch lever but as you guys know this happens when your going hard, no other damage. I think Tristan was a bit worried about the broken lever and what i was going to say. I had to walk to the far side of the track near where the last pic was, he had his helmet off by the time i got there and had the broken lever in his hand. He looked pretty down and crabby with himself i just gave him a pat on the back and said i was proud of him the way he was riding hard and i will give him a hand take the bike back and you can keep your souvenir lol. 5 mins in the pit area changing the lever and he was back out there. I said to my wife Sharon as he was going out of the pits he is pretty geed up he couldnt wait to get out on that track again. Tristan ride that bike the hardest he has ever done mixing it with guys twice his age and experience. He was passing them on the inside of the corners and outside, it was beautiful to watch this 13 year old pushing hard. The owner of the track came over and said farout Tristan's riding unreal i said yes he is and im so proud of him. He did around 15 laps at this pace when he came in his mum and i clapped him and gave him a good pat on the back and told him how proud we was of him. On the way home he couldnt stop thanking me for the time and effort i have put in on this bike and for letting him ride it and said its spot on dont touch a thing. Tristan cant wait for the state series to start and a proud mother and step father cant wait for it too.

Last edited:
That's awesome to hear mate top job, it's a good feeling making people happy hey it makes it all worth while just seeing people stoked and in the moment. Let us know how he goes.

Nice. Thats EXACTLY why we do it, good job Rod.

It also just changed my decision about coming to Tassie to race the series if Tristian can do 15 laps "at pace" buggered if i can, hahaha.

Well done tristan, you look the goods champ.

Thats great rod, the boy looks great on his bike and if he keeps getting practice in before the series starts he will be ready. I reckon some parents would tell there kid how much that lever cost and you messed up, but telling him to keep his souvenir and just giving him a pat on the back is a great way to deal with it, I dont need to tell you this as you already told us but damn are you a proud father mate. I like the pic of the braaap setup behind ya. Keep us posted rod on the young fellas progress and bike updates. Tell the boy hes famous now.

Yes it was a great effort Phil he is pretty sore today in the legs and arms but shows he is having a go and he knows that.

Last edited:
Thanks Mick yes he looks good on it. I have been around bike racing long enough to know that breaking levers etc is just part of racing and thats why i carry heaps of spare levers, plastics etc when we take the bike out its just part of it. Mick, Tristan just seen your reply and said thanks, he thinks he is already famous we had tea at maccas in Devonport on the way home and 4 girls his age waved to him and 2 of them bloo a kiss to him as we was getting out of the ute his face went bright red HA HA.

Last edited:
he thinks he already is famous we had tea at maccas in Devonport on the way home and 4 girls his age waved to him at 2 of them bloo a kiss to him as we was getting out of the ute his face went bright red HA HA.

Damn, tell him to find out if there mothers are single hahaha. That would of been funny seeing him blush up, but hey tristan when blokes like me and you are so sought after they will seek us out mate, i know how you feel being so popular(NOT). No girlfriends until you have a series under your belt and the first place trophy in there as well lol. Good stuff boys.

Thanks timeeh, i think Tristan is more chuffed than me i would of liked a dollar for everytime he thanked me on the 2 hour trip home in the ute LOL. But his mum and i come a pretty close 2nd LOL.

Guys i forgot to put 1 more pic on here yesterday. This is my grand daughter she is 18 months old her name is Annabella.

IMG_2473.JPG
She only started walking a month ago so its time for her to have a bike we start them as young as possible in this family LOL. She loves motorbikes and comes to the track with us sometimes she loves the noise they make. Its only battery operated but when its fully charged she will not get off it until the battery is dead flat. I said to Tristan he better watch out he might lose his ride soon LOL.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back