Roketa 125cc Pit Bike Clutch problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criggs

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I recently purchased a cheap (admittedly beaten up a bit) used 2005 Roketa 125cc pit bike from someone on craigslist. Allegedly the only thing wrong with it was a stripped kickstarter, but I was told that it could be push-started and would run like a champ. 100 bucks, figured I'd give it a shot. Well, after cleaning the carb and getting some gas into the bike, I put it into second gear, pulled in the clutch, and attempted to start pushing the bike, only to discover that upon pulling in the clutch, the bike would still not roll, as if the clutch was inoperable. So, after doing some quick clutch research online, I learned that sometimes the clutch plates can stick if they are old/worn and have been sitting a while. So with the help of some user guides and pictures I found in various forums, I took the clutch out of the bike, pulled it apart (careful not to lose any parts or mix up the order in which they were removed), and very lightly sanded the steel plates down a bit as was recommended. I cleaned everything, made sure they had oil on them when going back together, got everything put back in place (I did NOT refill the oil just yet), checked the clutch for proper operation... and still nothing. Exact same problem. I had a co-worker try to help me adjust it to no avail.

So anyway, my question for you guys is: What would my next step here be? I purchased this bike as a cheap way to get my younger siblings into offroad bikes and I'd like to spend as little money as possible in case they decide they aren't really interested. Could I need a new clutch for it? Does it need to be filled with oil and warmed up, possibly? Adjusted better? I need to at least get this thing running to see if it is worth spending more money on, but it can't be kickstarted with the stripped shaft, and now I can't push start it without the clutch, so any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Cheyne.

Is there a couple of mm's travel at the clutch lever before you feel resistance ?
The clutch cable might be stretched ?

I did check the cable, it has a few millimeters of play at the lever, but I still wasn't sure if it was right so I attempted to adjust it with the help of a few youtube videos. Nothing really made a difference. Pulling the lever in moves the arm at the case just fine, it seems... just doesn't do anything.

Latest posts

Back