rotn50s klx style 150yx build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming along nicely those wheels and that swingarm look a treat mate. Keep the pics coming. Top build so far mate.:coolthumb:

thanks lads, today i got a new seat and some ASVee copy levers as the ones pictured are not right and dont really want to butcher anything to make it fit when i can get something to fit, still going with black levers though.

thanks lads, today i got a new seat and some ASVee copy levers as the ones pictured are not right and dont really want to butcher anything to make it fit when i can get something to fit, still going with black levers though.

ASv copies sort of don't fit right either, on my brake lever I had to shim it to stop it wobbling.

ASv copies sort of don't fit right either, on my brake lever I had to shim it to stop it wobbling.

Yeah ya right mate, and if you don't shim and overtighten it, new master cylinder time.

Am seriously thinking of getting one of these subframe extensions as we all know the standard klx style frames are notorious for not protecting the rear fender when the bike flips destroying your plastics.KLX110 Style Frame Rear Extension
Any thoughts, but im pretty defianate i will be getting one, will also come in handy for lifting on the back of the tilly.

Yep I got one for me bro's klx. Works a treat and definetly sturdies up the back alot. The extra handholds also makes it

Thats enough for me, next payday im gettn one, $25 plus post is sweet for me dude

Put the bars, levers, grips, throttle and killswitch on today.
20121119_140052.jpg

20121119_202745.jpg

Front fender and number plate.
20121119_202524.jpg

And also the seat is mocked up. Cant put the rear fender and sides on yet as i will be purchasing a subframe extension. And the red CNC brake pedal got hooked up to the master cylinder with about 15mm movement in the pedal till full brake.
20121119_203542.jpg

Last edited:
Red swinga looks heaps cool!! :)

Thanks mate, looks the goods for sure, $65 delivered off ebay, cant get it from china that cheap. The engine rebuild is soon, so will look a little more complete:)

Nice as man! You should be right to chuck the back plastics on atm as the extension should bolt on afterward :)

Keep us posted, looking to be a sick build man!

Got another piece of the puzzle today,
20121127_223555.jpg

the klx subframe extender, hopefully it will help the rear fender survive a bit longer than 1 ride.
I thought it would be made from thicker material, but it is solid bar and not hollow, anyway its going on.
Hopefully will get some more done this weekend.

Looks awesome mate!! :) should polish your triple clamp to match your wheels! Just a thought!

Ya never know mate, any advice is good advice cheers corey

Got around to installing a few things today, heres the subframe extender mocked up,
20121203_130005.jpg

Then removed it and installed the rear fender in between it and the frame, the plastics kit i got had the 2 short side panels, so i picked up 2 new acerbis klx 110 sides, and installed the seat.
20121203_133623.jpg

Also got round 2 attaching the front brake line on the caliper and master cylinder and is all bled up and working a treat.
20121203_141245.jpg

20121203_141259.jpg

So it is getting there slowly and looks more like a bike now.
20121203_141527.jpg

I have about 60mm of the fork leg thru the top triple clamp and will bring them down to level it out a tad more with the back fender.

looks awesome, crf70/lxr front number plate i see? looks sick, thinking of mine old plate of the lxr on the pitpro.
think i might build one of these next and sell the pitpro i have

Thanks harry, i chose to leave the extender white also, it blended in with the DNM spring, even the red grips i wasnt sure about but think they fit right in, im really liking how it is coming along and everything has kinda been simple without any mods or hammer strikes to fix lol. Yeah the front plate is great wraps around nice and even the front fender is a fraction different than the stock pitpro one it had, the whole KLX style is growing on me and am now a fan haha.

mate its lookin a treat... yeah im a fan of the klx style but lovin my the yx atm... basically a new bike with all the extra bits...

cheers tim, will be bout 85% new i reckon.

Latest posts

Back