rotn50s klx style 150yx build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
So ive had this bike for bout 2 months now, got sick of looking at the poor mistreated thing sitting around.
20120924_180330.jpg

Got motivated today and stripped it back, to get the frame ready for a pressure clean.
20121031_144908.jpg

Then removed the engine and seperated the subframe and gave it a fresh coat of black killrust to hide its scars.
20121031_162321.jpg

20121031_162348.jpg

The Flash makes the black look grey. And can see under the shock mount and below that needs a coat also.
Parts i have to install on the build include fastace AS-01 730mm front forks, CNC anodized red swingarm, dual piston front caliper(may go on the 155z yet) and brand new LXR(i think) Pitsterpro 14-12 inch heavy duty rims and tyres.
20121031_162728.jpg

The engine is a yx150 which has buggered oil rings, the engine still has a huge amount of compression but the top end will def be rebuilt with new barrell(if it doesnt hone up good) and maybe a tb high comp 60mm piston and roller rockers.

Will keep updated as progress happens.

Last edited:
Looks the goods so far mate, so that's why you kept the swinger. Defiantly something to keep ya busy, with keep us updated

thanks dude, couldnt even give that swinger away lol, but yeah thought it would come in handy on this build, gonna go a DNM MT-RC 1000lbs rear shock also, wit new plastics, bars and grips, 1/4 turn and maybe a oko, just ordered a V2 with s35 cam, roller rockers and high comp piston for the 155 that is my main rider. cant wait. these bikes are costing me but its a passion we all have lol.

Yeah it definitely is addiction and is so hard to stop once you've started. I'd love to have the confidence and knowledge to do some engine work to mine but just can't pull the trigger on engine mods yet. Only just realized to is that our wedding is in 5 weeks so have had to limit myself a bit with the coin, it's a bit of a secret how much has been spent on the addiction, but I say if you've got it and want it then ****ing get it. Good luck with them both mate.

Cheers jace, I'll post pics when I get it on, $65 delivered off Ebay, probably wouldn't even get it from China for that amount lol

feel the same about my pitpro 150 lol. the yx looks to be the new model too.
goodluck with the build, that swingarm and pitster rims are going to look great on it!
frame came up nice

I can see this turning out to be a very nice build mate, you gonna keep that muffler? lo isn't it a milo tin or something?

And Brendo congrats on your engagement.

OOOOooh a Rotn build :) Can't wait to see the finished product (i am kinda hopeing for some yellow plastics, stickers and grips - Maybe the musturd V2 :p )

Good start rotn50 frame looks good i too like the red swingarm and those wheels. Should come up good with what your planing to do. Cant wait to see more pics as you continue this build:clap:

I can see this turning out to be a very nice build mate, you gonna keep that muffler? lo isn't it a milo tin or something?

And Brendo congrats on your engagement.

Haha, thanks lad, yeah it was a Milo tin, it was actually very inventive from the last owner, shame he only cared for the exhaust lol.

OOOOooh a Rotn build :) Can't wait to see the finished product (i am kinda hopeing for some yellow plastics, stickers and grips - Maybe the musturd V2 :p )
I was thinkn more like a Goliath build, can't remember where I saw that mmmmm:p

Nice one Bruv =)
Thanks Roy, hope ya been well dude

Good start rotn50 frame looks good i too like the red swingarm and those wheels. Should come up good with what your planing to do. Cant wait to see more pics as you continue this build:clap:
Thanks mate, I usually rush these things but will take it steady and try and replace nearly everything but frame, engine and rear brake caliper.

As we know thats the best way to go, replace all the hi tensile bolts with better quality ones also. I know what your saying about rushing it the first bike i built i rushed it and wished i didnt later, i wasnt completely happy with the result. But all i wanted to do was finish it so i could ride it. I was in my late teens then and as you get older some of us get fussier and i have built up 6 bikes since then of a lot better standard . My wife thinks im a perfectionist but if i do a job i give it 100% whats wrong with that :hmmm:. Keep the pics coming as you build your bike rotn50.

Okay got some more bits and pieces today, DID motocross heavy duty race chain 420#, and a set of road bike levers(for pittys)
20121102_201743.jpg

and a new fuel tank and a new set of plastics.
20121102_201403.jpg

Also started the build up today/tonight and is starting to look like something again.
20121102_200106.jpg

20121102_200917.jpg

I couldnt believe i didnt have to press the triple tree stem out and fit the old one which is usually whats needed, but these triple had the correct stem in them which surprised me, grease the bearings good and also the swinger axle. When payday arrives i will aquire brand new electrics allround and pull the topend down and rebuild it, ill keep yas posted.

Last edited:
Thanks tim, mate I'm thinking maybe a red fuel cap and red engine dress kit then leaving the red there, the triple clamps on the forks are silver and the rims are silver, maybe some silver Cnc pegs, the plastics are black but not sure what stickers to get, may get Justin to do me a custom kit and include colours that compliment the rest of the bike, I have no choice in fork covers and the DNM rear shock being white but that will be it for the white.

Looking great so far rotn50. What your planing on doing with the red parts and everything else sounds good. Yes i think that it would look great with a custom Holeshot decal kit including the colours already on the bike. Great job keep the pics coming.

Latest posts

Back