RPM's Stutter, Leaking Gas from Filter?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iSTAYNASTY

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just installed a Two Brothers big bar kit, and replaced my old carb and pet**** with brand new ones. My old carb did not have an air to fuel ratio adjustment, and my pet**** was rusted to hell.

It kicks on great, and idles fine. The only problem, is once you give it throttle, it'll climb about 1/4th through the RPM range and then just start stuttering. Much like a two-step on a car. This happens through all the gears. I've had the idle screw and the AFR screw in like every combination possible.

I let the bike sit for a few hours as I went to class, and came back to a puddle of gas, which looks like it was originating from the stock airfilter/air box.

It's now having troubles starting up.

Any ideas?

Welcome to Minirider's.

First up drop in to our Introduce Yourself thread and say hello.
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

I'm guessing that either the needle and seat is stock open, maybe something in the fuel line?
Did you flush the tank out well, fit a fuel filter and replace the hoses too?

Or that the float level is too high and it has flooded it.
Sometime's tapping the side of the fuel bowl with the plastic handle of a screwdriver a few time's will help to unstick a sticky needle/seat.
Turn the fuel tap off, then undo the drain screw to let the fuel out the fuel bowl, and retighten it.
Tap the fuel bowl a few time's then turn the fuel tap back on and see if it's helped.

The stutter is due to it being too rich.

To start the bike now after it being flooded, turn the fuel tap off, and kick the bike over a few time's while holding the throttle wide open.
This will let a lot of air through the carby and help get rid of the extra fuel.

When you fitted the new carby etc, did you buy a foam filter and filter oil and oil up the filter before fitting it ?

Cheer's, Craig

Latest posts

Back