SA riding, lets get the fun started!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoozo

Banned Wanker of the Century
Reaction score
G'day. Hope everyone is well :thumbup:

So get your calendar out right now and mark on it I will be riding at Morgan on Saturday the 10th and/or 11th of May in the next Miniriders SA ride day! Dont think about it just put it on your calendar. This is a ride day/weekend, so you're welcome to come up and ride Saturday or Sunday or come up Saturday stay Saturday night and ride both days!

The location will be just outside the town or Morgan, which is approx 180km North West of Adelaide on the Murray River. Don't stress if you don't have transport or a lot of camping gear READ BELOW!!!

With the combined forces of the Tech master and me, we can carry an extra 3 or 4 bikes at this stage. Maybe 4 depending if you have a 50, a big wheel, or a pit bike!

My mate has graciously allowed us the use his private property to ride on. Its HUGE!!! It will be a rare opportunity to ride somewhere like this I promise! :thumbup:
As far as I can tell its about 20sq/km's. There are already established trails in there to ride. Since the drive is around the 2hr mark from Adelaide I figure its going to be easier/more fun to camp up there on Saturday night as I love camping also! You're welcome to come up for the day Saturday or Sunday morning if you just want to head up for the day and not camp! :thumbup:

If you need a lift up there GET IN QUICK as the space in our cars is obviously limited so if you NEED a ride with your bike up there let me know ASAP, so you'll get a spot in one of the vehicles going up already!

I have 3 Tents, about 5 or 6 camping mats. Unfortunately you'll need to bring a sleeping bag or blankets, doesn't really bother me what you sleep in. Just remember it will probably get COLD over night!

There is a big shed on the property so no probs if it rains. There is a BBQ on site which I will bring a gas bottle for to cook up some snags and chicken wings on Saturday night.

I will be getting firewood so we can have a camp fire Saturday night also :thumbup:

This is purely going to be a fun weekend out in the bush with as many Miniriders members as we can possibly get!!! I'm personally looking forward to getting out of the city for a weekend I havn't been camping since late 2013!!

At this stage it will be a free NO CHARGE riding and/or camping weekend, besides obvious petrol costs. If anyone is needing a lift Fuel costs will be worked out accordingly and split evenly between everyone, which will make it cheaper again! :thumbup:

Petrol, food, and your bike is all you will need. Unless we decide we want to all chip in for a big cook up Saturday night or something like that!?

There are a couple of pubs in town if you're more into the counter meal thing. You could also probably stay in Morgan at the caravan park if you cant handle a tent and a mattress!! :thumbup:

Craig will have tools with him and has offered kindly to do any onsite trouble shooting will be available on both Saturday and Sunday. Just like a real race meeting!!!

I will be there to make sure everyone has enough FUN!!! Cause we wouldn't want anyone NOT having fun on a miniriders day/weekend!!! Fun is the whole point!

Other things you may need if you want to bring besides from the obvious. Esky(with drinks/food of choice), Camping or folding chair of some variety! Warm clothes for after the sun goes down.

I have a couple of chairs and a massive esky, so there will be some esky space if needed, and a couple of chairs.

This will be happening regardless of numbers of who say yay or nay as Craig, CJ and I will be going regardless of anyone else's plans or lack there of!! :thumbup:

I'm aiming for about 10 people! Morgan is also only 3hrs from Mildura if there are any riders from over that way that want to come you're more than welcome!

:grinning-smiley-003

very good Stu !

Cheers mate will be awesome really looking forward to getting a good weekend on the bike! I have to break in my new boots and my new bike...well freshly painted bike with new suspension!! :D

Damn that sounds like a seriously fun weekend. I'm very jealous.

Hopefully this is only the first of them as I'm definitely keen to road trip over for something like this.

Top job Stoozo, great to see the ride days happening again! Will have to pull my finger out and organise another QMR ride day! :)

Damn that sounds like a seriously fun weekend. I'm very jealous.

Hopefully this is only the first of them as I'm definitely keen to road trip over for something like this.

Top job Stoozo, great to see the ride days happening again! Will have to pull my finger out and organise another QMR ride day! :)

Cheers guys! We just hooked up a baby sitter and cook too, my fiance(yeh I better admit it) will enjoy getting out of the city too! :thumbup:

At least me and my67xr can go for a good burn on the bigger bikes now!

Hmm might need another road trip to Adelaide

Ill send everyone who is keen to come a good map! So it won't be hard to find!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Yeah should be lots of fun.
I'll send you a SAMR group invite.
Look in your settings in a little while

I found the group, pressed join but then it said I didn't have access to it

I think there are some glitches in the group thingo atm. Just keep your eye on this thread. I'll be getting a list of definite numbers before the end of the week to see what I need to bring up! Anything else I can just message people :thumbup:

Kayla it says that you are a member of our group at my end, but you don't show up for some reason.
i will look into it.

but if you look in your user cp/profile, it says you are there too

So is there any ladies tagging along with their men or is it just fella's going? An me an my man r only new to the motorbike riding thing so we don't have all the protective gear like boots an armour we have helmets though

So is there any ladies tagging along with their men or is it just fella's going? An me an my man r only new to the motorbike riding thing so we don't have all the protective gear like boots an armour we have helmets though

Yeah it'll be both mate! Ladies and men! My partner is coming up. Thats fine no one will complain as long as you have a helmet and closed shoes! Were not going to be racing at this stage! SAs ride scene isn't anywhere near that yet!

Just a fun relaxed weekend of riding and no doubt talking rubbish around the camp fire!!

stoozo's fiance is going,

proper gear isn't needed either.
just strong boots, gloves, helmet etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back