Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sellicks beach is no good i went for a random drive and as soon as you go through the carpark there is a gate stopping you from driving down the road

Murray bridge mx track ride/ race day for pit style bikes sunday 19/5/13 if any one interested check out mini mennace mx on Facebook for details and cost

Hi I just was wondering about Pelican point How much is it And Can you go there still And how do you contacts to go to ride

Hi all Do you know where I could ride my 125 loL dirtbike I'm in SA Adelaide Perfectly close by the No longer shopping centre I don't mind driving for about half an hour to an hour drive

Question

Hi I just was wondering about Pelican point How much is it And Can you go there still And how do you contacts to go to ride

welcome to Miniriders Ricky,
make sure you drop into our introductions thread and say g'day
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

i just googled 'motocross track South Australia' and came up with a few, here's the results
i think there is a couple more/less now too ?

one at Eudunda (owner advertises on Gumtree)

South Australia

ARIEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB
Track Type: Bush trails

ATUJARA MOTORCYCLE CLUB
Track Type: Motocross & enduro events
CRYSTAL BROOK MOTORCYCLE CLUB
Website: www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-6782-0-0-0&sID=165076

GAWLER MOTORCYCLE CLUB
Track Type: Enduro
Track Location: Gawler, Adelaide

J.A.M.S STONEWELL PARK
Track Type: Around 9 tracks mostly sandy, bit of Motox some enduro

JUVENTUS MCC

KEITH & DISTRICT MOTORCYCLE CLUB - ANDY CALDECOTT PARK
Track Type: Motocross

KEYNETON MCC
Track Type: Enduro

LEVIS MOTORCYCLE CLUB - ACUSA PARK

MENINGIE MOTORCYCLE CLUB

MORGAN MOTORCYCLE CLUB

MOTOCROSS RIDERS ASSOCIATION

MUD N TARS
Track Type: Motocross - Two tracks Parawa and Day Road

MURRAY BRIDGE MX CLUB

TEA TREE GULLY MOTOCROSS CLUB

cheers, craig

So I'm expecting my bike htis week. Has anyone done any exploring of the quarries around Belair and Mitcham? I used to work at the property next to this place. Its private property as far as I am aware and there was ALWAYS MTB traffic coming down from the top of the hill in Belair. I used to make MTB tracks up through here and I know there are some chunk of private property around. The Lynton quarries are more on the other side of Belair road. There was also a slalom track at the end of Gloucester Ave....which I think is Railways land not part of Shepherds Hill reserve as it sits on top of the old tunnel where there is now a mushroom farm. I'll have to go for a bit of a walk and check some of this stuff out again. Did anyone ever try Sturt Gorge too?? Similar again as there are 100 entrances and once you get deep in there....no one would even hear ya!

Riding spots1.jpg

in SA now you are pretty much limited to MX tracks, which there aren't too many this side of town (south)
otherwise you'll risk getting caught, bike impounded, fines for unlicensed, unregistered bikes
it's really not worth it, and it's not encouraged here.

i also used to ride at the Mushroom farm, i bought my 1978 Suzuki TF185 off the old owner Ron.
he used to let us ride there too, was a pretty good spot for it.

Cool! So there is a possibility we could talk to the Mushroom farm again? Is the old bloke still around? Maybe even mention building a private track to earn some extra money for em?? I mean if its private property unless the owner has a problem we're good yeah? I know people sort of frown on riding places you're not supposed to but....if its private property and the owner has no problem....where is the issue? I like looking into the legality of things. I really think the cops have FAR to much power and should be out chasing violent criminals not someone who does 62 in a 50 zone that was a 60 zone 5 years ago!

I've actually spoken to the owner of that block in Lynton, he really doesn't give a crap about the MTB riders in there building jumps and drop in's all over the place! I actually think the upper half of that block is SA water land...as the sewer runs up through there, but its cut off at both ends by private property.

I also have some connections at Mitcham Council....maybe I will mention building a mini track since they just spent like $5million building mtb tracks at Lynton....10 years after I stopped DH riding in there because it was SO illegal for MTBs back then. Even though NO ONE used it except MTB riders and the very occasional bush walker....this is why I know the area in there really well!

At any rate I'm goign to look at the new place tomorrow which is in the Hills up the other end of coro way and like 13 hectares so plenty of room to ride....but I will be renting so probably no track building unless I mention it to the land lord and he goes for it, you never know, as he'll be making the money from it not me! I'm pretty handy with a bobcat as I use them for work here and there!! Acutally quickly on that point SA is the only place in Australia you can ring kennards and htey will just deliver you a bobcat to do what you like with on private property...no licence, no experience no worries...and people worry about mini bikes on private property its a bit ironic really!

Do you live close the Mitcham area?

Last edited:
i'm at Brighton, so 20 mins away from there.

my brother went through all the dramas with Mitcham Council years ago to build a BMX/Mountain bike track too.
had to attend lots of Council meetings to get approval
i don't know if you've seen the track at the bottom of Hawthorndene drive, Glenalta , just up from Apex Park?
he was heavily involved with setting that up

i will ask my old man about Ron and the mushroom farm,
iirc he had a heart attack years ago, but i cant remember what happened after that ?
the only thing is all the neighbours with their backyards butting up to the property there could complain about the noise.

my 7yo and i are heading out to the South Coast MX club ride day tomorrow
only thing is it's limited to 100cc, due to noise restrictions. and there are all farm propertys adjoing it, no houses close either !!
they have a phone number on their Facebook page, for people to ring that are wanting to ride bigger cc bikes.
i must remember to ring them, and see what they say

Yeah I wont get my bike until next week. Still have a lot of gear to buy...HELMET for starters...then some bookts, Ive dislocated and ankle before on the 20 Inch...I guess not to much fakie action on a moto but....Yeah. Basically I bought the bike for the farm, no point in owning one just trying to get like $2000 worth of fines being a '****head' according to SAPOL! As long as you're a Nortons bro?....The misses is pregnant now 4 months. Thing is I honestly realised Ive always wanted a moto! My Grandpa and his brother were the first two guys to ride from Adelaie to Perth before a rd was even built in 1929....Parents will still freak out when they konw I have it but Im about to start my own family so I'm going to not be like my parents and let my kids ride motorbikes if they so choose! ;) Been a long time coming for me....spent more time riding a pushy than walking....Im made for bikes! I almost had an intershcools DH race going at Blackwood in 1999 just because the ****s who wnent to Scotch said it couldnt be done ;) I built half the tracks in Belair Nasho for DH and pretty much instigated the whole mitcham 'legal' track thing....I even signed the petition for Blackwood skate park in 1991....geez that was a long time coming.....! Mushroom farm I swear is the go....even if you have a chat and explain the situation! Mini bikes arent like a 450KTM or anything....

Last edited:
i dunno about the noise, mine is pretty loud,
just wait till you get yours, lol

You're in Brighton....Obviously not near one of the park the ****atoos hang at then? Geezus 7am every morning here birds going nuts...I kinda enjoy the sound of a 4 stroke thumper...its certainly a nicer sound than the zing of a 2 stroke revving passed 11,000 every gear!!!!

Any track should be able to run bank hours....9.30am-4.30pm no one is home between then anyways to busy trying to rush to the bank in the short hours its open!! ;)

lol, we rarely get the odd Galah or 2 here, my dogs bark and chase them off.

where we used to ride at Swan Reach would get around a thousand each morning up in the big gum trees, the farm next door had a huge almond orchard.
but they didn't hang around long after my pit bike was started in the mornings though

lol, we rarely get the odd Galah or 2 here, my dogs bark and chase them off.

where we used to ride at Swan Reach would get around a thousand each morning up in the big gum trees, the farm next door had a huge almond orchard.
but they didn't hang around long after my pit bike was started in the mornings though

See minibikes could actually be beneficial in inner city areas sometimes! Especially when there are too many ****ies around!

Sweet well I have permission to ride in that block at Lynton as long as my old boss is present....as he(the old boss said) John the owner will let me(the old boss) ride motorbikes in there but not you so just make sure I'm around and there wont be a problem!!!

Dodgy bastard...just wants a go on my bike I recon but all good he is old school country boy who grew up riding dirt bikes ;) he have or had a quad at the neighboring property so I assume its been taken into hte block next door a 'few' times..... Also looked at the farm yesterday its MASSIVE!!! SO MUCH ROOM TO RIDE....and awesome hills and flat sections too (not that I know if pit bikes go uphill to well). The owner said well thats the fun of this place doing things like that :D so he's pretty good me cruising around on a bike! Heard the neighbor fire something 4 stroke up....sounded bigger than a pit bike though...but I get your point 4 bangers are pretty up there in decibels.

I was also looking at that property in Bowhill which you can take mini bikes too....I think that kinda set up is a good idea....property out that was is still pretty reasonable in price. Sounds like they make some decent coin from it. You can sleep 30 at the property and its $180 first night and $100 for following nights, which for a large group even 10 people is only approx $20 per night....I guess they get around the liability stuff because its actually a 'short term' rental property which seems like the go with all the freaking liability laws now....especially one up over owning a purpose built mx track as then the liability falls on the owners and the public insurance would be THROUGH the roof! Well worth a look thinking of getting a group together and going up there in maybe late june or early july or something just before hte baby pops out of the misses!

So ive heard a bit about the old meat works at Norlunga....there was some discussion on facebook swap site about it. Apparently the owner lives in NSW and the old guy who is doing work there doesn't mind bikes being ridden at the paddock out the back as long as you don't interfere with the site....ie ride away from the ruins or building. Apparently the cops rocked up the other day and said the bikes were to loud...but its private property so they can't do much except that...ive never been there maybe some of you guys from down south know a bit about it?

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Place is a no go! The council are all over it. As soon as motorbike noise carries down the hill/valley you will have locals calling cops and council. If your gonna ride there you may as well ride field river. It's the same situation with fines being handed out that cost more than you bike.
Most people that ride there go through it as they hop on the old piglet range Rd but they're generally on road trail bikes and can get away.

Latest posts

Back