Sachs MadAss 125 motor Tweaks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csd

Reaction score
Has anyone got any ideas on boosting the performance of the chinese 125 that are in the MadAss 125.

I thought of starting with the exhaust restrictions and then rejetting and tuning the carby to suit.
The bike is good for 100kms/h but its just a little slow getting there.:confused:
Any other ideas.

They work the same as any china 125cc mate.... from memory they have a 24mm carbi.

But remember, these bikes are made to be cheap to run so increasing performance will increase fuel consumption.

I would look @:

Air filter, exhaust, bigger carbi (NOT dodgey fake mikuni, get the real thing), 1/4 turn throttle.... my ideas anyways...

mods to awaken ur beast
pro circuit replica pipe
oko 26mm carby
uni filter
inner rotor kit
they are basic straight forward mods
but after that im beginning to second guess the irk
as u have lights/battery yada yada
unless ur fine with charging ur battery every now and then :)

just had a thought
get urself an oil cooled lifan 140
that should "get you up to speed"

Oil cooled Lifan would be sweet.... you think they could cope with day in day out riding on the rd though? I guess so... but im pretty sure the engine in a Sachs would be a little better than a Lifan (it is a German company)... *ponders*

Parts

Where the best place to get performance parts:confused:

Oil cooled Lifan would be sweet.... you think they could cope with day in day out riding on the rd though? I guess so... but im pretty sure the engine in a Sachs would be a little better than a Lifan (it is a German company)... *ponders*

they are chinese motors
the lifan 140 will cope but personally id use twin radiator style oil coolers on it
but hey there is plenty of room for it

Where the best place to get performance parts:confused:
check out Coffs Motorsports & Ag for parts etc they do heaps of Chinese gear and are also agents for Sachs and Lifan etc

Swapping to a different engine will require a 3-phase stator, either from the stocker or an aftermarket unit. It's a much better system than the typical Chinese setup. You jug can be bored to 54mm for a 131cc high compression piston, or a 57mm jug & slug combo added. You'd have to remove a few fins, but end up with 146cc. Swapping to a Lifan/Zonger/etc 27/23 head with mild porting and a TB300 cam, DRP springs will add a bunch up top. Piston needs to match the head.

E-start YX150's, with the KLX-type top end are available, too. Swap your 3-phase e-start and a 64mm TB V2 kit on with a Tak decomp cam for the starter to live, and have 171cc of fun. I built a 192cc one for a Madass recently, and one of my 215's is going to be swapped from the LXM it's in to a Madass in Guam.

Chassis upgrades are advised, as it's not built for tripling the horsepower.

Latest posts

Back