Scammers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantsly

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to warn everyone, I had a bloke "Simon" contact me about parts, working on an Oil rig he doesnt have his credit card and all I had to do was pay his courier and he would fix me up for the lot via paypal! Yeah right what a Doush. I know anyone smart enough to ride a Mini wouldnt fall for this but though I better warn ya'll.

Cheers Ant

that scam has been around for years, especially in the car industry.

they seem very interested in your car/bike, and want more pics and details.
then they let you know that they will buy it for their mother/father/uncle etc that is coming to australia on holidays, sometimes even offering more money for your troubles.
next they need your paypal details so they can transfer the cash to you, because paypal is so secure etc etc.
most of them are offshore on oil rigs, but lately they are some varitions in jobs.
what they'll do is transfer the money to your paypal account via e-cheque, which can take up to 30 days to clear.
they put the money into your account plus an extra $300 - $500, then tell you they will have an agent come to pick up your bike/car.
but the agent requires the payment up front before he can come and get it.
so they get you to transfer the $300 - $500 to their agent via western union.
once you do that for them, they will cancel their e-cheque payment via paypal, and you will have nothing in your account.
the money transfer via western union is not traceable either.
so you end up without a payment for your bike/car, and also lose the $300-$500 cash that you paid to their 'agent'.

it's a big scam that is a worldwide thing.....

Sellers beware !

Yeah I had a guy who wanted me to pay for delivery of a 4spd boarg warner box through western union (money was going over seas) and then he would fix me up afterwards when I refused he kept raving on about how I have to comply, I just kept laughing at him that was through gumtree

Somebody got into my yahoo account the other week and sent out emails to my contacts and then deleted the history of them. The only reason I found out is cause yahoo picked it up and told me that my account was logged into from someone in the phillipines!

Was selling the little QR50 a few weeks ago and receive an email from a bloke working in NZ out on the water and wanted my account details to pay me for the bike than have his courier come pick it up. I just told him nice try and go scam someone else.

Also had an email from tanzania at work yesterday stating that they had a pit bike that didnt have discs but had brake pads and wanted a wheel sent over. Really, people who get caught by these people must be simple at times.

i had this **** selling my bf xr8... replied with: im more than happy to pay the courier because i only have cash being a drug dealer.

never heard from him :( sniff sniff

Last edited:
Scamers at it again! we (my partner and our 3 kids) currently without a place posted a ad on as joshy calls it scumtree for a place to rent and had a woman get in contact with me saying that she would let us rent her property in maroochydore I did some digging of my own and surprise, surprise she didn't own the house, she sent us all rta paperwork which I know is easy to get ur hands on, long story cut short we obviously didnt send anything that p#ssed me right off DAM U SCUMTREE!!!!!

Somebody got into my yahoo account the other week and sent out emails to my contacts and then deleted the history of them. The only reason I found out is cause yahoo picked it up and told me that my account was logged into from someone in the phillipines!
they most likely got into your account by either getting your cookies 1.. or worse you have a key logger in your computer that you use..

Latest posts

Back