Schoolies pitpro125r rebuild.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIZZY08

Reaction score
This bike was purchased by myself and a few mates during our stay up the coast for schoolies. I found it on gumtree before we went up the coast and inspected it upon arrival. In traditional schoolies fashion, the clutch cable was extremely loose, chain had stretched quite a bit, rear end was bent and mechanical lubes were filth. We bought it. We picked it up for a good price and split the cost between the lot of us.
It served its purpose, catered for lots of laughs and surprisingly nothing broke. We really didn't think of what to do with it at the end of the trip. Either dump it, or give it to the luckiest young fella we could find. I opted for plan c and managed to fit it into my little Nissan Tiida and accompanied it on the two hour treck home. Scored myself a $25 pitpro!! Woo. I got home, slept for a couple days and started stripping and tidying up the bike.

Here it is as we bought it:
397AB142-852B-4DD9-8C46-2E7D377B7CCD_zps5ifrlzzu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Shopping list:
Subframe (current one is bent)
Swing arm
Asv copy leavers
Clutch cable
D.I.D or RK Chain
Chain slider
uni Air filter
Dot4 Brake fluid
Billet 1/4 turn
High tensile bolts throughout
Fork oil
Engine oil
Fuel filter and fuel line
Carby clean
Protaper or renthal Bars
Pillow top Grips
Brake pads
Exhaust
Plastics and sticker kit
wheels
- if anyone is selling any of the following parts please let me know. I intend to get the bike back to a rideable and presentable state on as low a budget as possible

Last edited:
I have since completely stripped the bike, cleaned up some things and started the reassembly process. Here's some photo's.

At home

A1F9EC4C-F3E1-403B-8409-5A6BD98530CB_zpsjyr6uddj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dismantled

As it currently sits

Last edited:
For $25 how can ya loose. Good score mate.

Top score! What are the measurements on your current swinger and subframe? I have a outlaw and a x4r here that you may be able to use parts off, all though I doubt the subframes would be suitable due to differentmonting holes for the plastics

ok, so the bike is back together and looks much better than previously. picked up some plastics and a sticker kit also which are still to go on. also managed to pick up a few bits and pieces from dhz, took in my old chain wanting to get an rk or did equivalent however the boys were unable to match it and the chain doesn't fit on the sprocket.. anyway, took the bike for a ride yesterday and it went well. heres some progress pics.

Last edited:
That sounds strange about the chain, what pitch etc, 420 428 ?
And how many pins do you need ?

Chain.JPG

Pic's are not working either

Latest posts

Back