Shaneos' Honda CT70

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaneo

Reaction score
Well, I've been thinking for a while that I should do something with my old ct70.
Maybe just fix it up a little to make it a street legal bike?

vyqgli.jpg

2upvmsp.jpg

6rn0o5.jpg

As far as I can tell, thats a compliance plate?

Your thoughts? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can get parts for it?

And that is a compliance plate isn't it? Which makes it regastable?

These bike are before ADR and compliance plate, but they are registrable... The plate is a build I.D. Plate in the eyes of Australia.

Parts a generally easy to come by for these, google away for aftermarket or cheapo copy stuff on ebay but if you want gen honda check with your dealer or look at classic honda 50s austalia he is a site sponsor and does rather good pricing that will beat the local honda dealer and its in stock to.

Ahhh! Cheers for that!

Well, I've had a good look on the net, and can't find any forks or hubs/rims which is what I really need.
Any clue where to get em from?

Haha, cheers Hillz!
This bikes almost got every part, but most of em are a little broken in some way! :p

Well, I've been looking around for a while and I've found some new forks (ones on it are bent)
http://hondaminitrail.com/GIFS/C204-3.jpg
http://hondaminitrail.com/GIFS/C204.jpg
They cost $300, from the US.

But I was thinking about getting some sexy rims.. but there aren't any for CT 70 hubs.
So I thought, hmmm z50 hubs maybe, could work?

I found what looks like to be the same forks, but with z50 hubs on them:
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Also a rear hub and hydraulic brake:

And some nice wheels:
That have the same dimensions as the stock CT70's (4" wide - 10" diameter)

Reckon that'd work..?

if you put z50 rims on youll need the hubs and new speedo drive aswell.. them rims come in a 12" aswell, but i dont know if that copy company makes the falcons in 12's so youd be up for more coin than $100 pair.

gen honda forks dont come cheap.. im running OEM honda forks from a 1991 version of the CT70 that mainly went into the US. but i brought them brand new shipped from japan , i had honda australia get them for me many years ago now.

i didnt see the forks you posted when i made that comment above.. the forks in the pic are just some china cheapo's at one stage they were on ebay a fair bit for about $200 from memory

Ahhh, alrighty then. Wont do that haha

What would you recommend forks wise, for under $500?

Ahh, nice Hillz..

Well, heres the plan get one of those fork + disc brake thingos.
Get some 12" rims, for about $120 give or take. Some 12" Kenda tyres for $50 each + shipping.
A few other new bits and bobs. A new 12v wiring harness, horn, lights etc.
New bars + bar raisers. Some shocks and possible a new swingarm. And give everything a new paint job of course ;)

Looks like you`ve started with a good base bike, could almost run it as-is (with a seat repair). Looking forward to seeing the updates on this project.

Hahaha :p

I have no idea what bars yet

I know! Just a seat, lights and blinkers and it'd be right!

New plan..
Well, after a lot of thinking I've decided I'm going to get z50 rims K-Racing : This gorilla monkey Alloy Wheels 12Inch3.5J 1 [H-zb71]

and these forks I've found TANAKA TRADING : Made of aluminum Stainless large-diameter Disc brake kit dia. 31 [ca106] they cost a little more but have z50 hubs on them and are the right length. Also they look much higher quality!

And I'm going to try and find a used/OEM rear z50 hub and modify the swingarm to suit it :)

Just like in this thread DOHC Dax

Oh yeah.. and if someone can do the "1,000 YEN Coupon for every 1 friends shopping!" on me that'd be fine
just means you could save 12 bucks or so :)

Got my parts from Trail Buddy Inc. - Home the other week. Webike parts came today!
I will be posting all links for things that I've bought later in this tread.
Think its time for a lil update!

Got the bike in parts
P1030519.jpg

Neatening up a bit
P1030518.jpg

Heres the z50 disc brake hub I got from Germany
P1030520.jpg

The forks are from TrailBuddy in the US. They came with a Dax hub on it, but thats why I got a z50 hub (it fit Perfectly).
P1030563.jpg

P1030564.jpg

P1030565.jpg

Some close ups of the Forks
P1030566.jpg

P1030567.jpg

The tyres I got are 120 / 70-12 (same size front and rear but I will consider going 130 / 70-12 for the rear later)
The front tyre just doesn't fit, so I will be grinding down the little tabs for the other type of fender that make it not fit (I'm going to use the stock type fender)
This is with the fork legs turned around, so it does fit
P1030568.jpg

P1030569.jpg

P1030570.jpg

A quick mock-up of the rear end with stock shocks
P1030571.jpg

More soon to come!

Latest posts

Back