Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoozo

Banned Wanker of the Century
Reaction score
So this guy on FB swaps has a 157FMJ looks like a 125 lifan style bottom end with a 150 bore and head....is that on the money? I've never heard of a 157FMJ....

I dont think he wants a whole lot for it...but it looks old, the bike looks like its in fair nick its a big wheel with a 17/15 upgraded larger rear wheel....

Anyone got any ideas or info about those motors??

Pretty sure they're on the very bad end of bad!

yeah they are an older design engine that didn't really take off.
the best thing was they were start in any gear, and had a rear clutch kind of like a Lifan crossed with a YX 160 gearbox.
bad thing is if anything breaks you'd be lucky to find the parts to fix it !

Shineray145cc.jpg

So this kinda spawned the yx 160?? Yeah will be staying away from that one then!!

i found this review of a shineray 150cc from late last year-

I decided to splash out and buy an expensive Shineray engine... 150cc "high compression" engine.

First time I rode it the kickstart gear in the engine snapped. Within 10 miles the cam chain cover on the side of the engine fell off and dumped all my oil on the road. The valves were near enough unadjustable, you'd set the valve clearance, and after a few minutes of running the engine they'd be clattering like hell and be ridiculously loose. I'm sure I had more problems and more bits fell off, but this was a long time ago now,

Right this is probably why A. No body runs them and B. I've never heard of one....it looked dodgy!!

Latest posts

Back