should i buy this bike??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
found a tm 250 2 banger with the engine in bits for 650 bucks. The bloke reckons it needs a new crank and piston, and the bore only needs a hone. Do i buy?!?!?!?!?

i no the guy that used to own it, its definitely not stolen, and the bloke reckons he can get the parts for 600 bucks, which makes me wonder why so cheap... Going to go have a look tomorrow hopefully

Id get it man. Be a good fixer upper. Love me a good two stroke and from memory they run ohlins suspension i was told.

I would most definitely pass without a thorough inspection. Can see it's been raced as well so probably copped a flogging.

You can get running 2 strokes for 2k all day everyday.

TM parts aren't cheap.

Be real careful before inheriting someone else's money pit.

just had a long chat with my mate that used to own it, turns out your spot on motorman. needs the linkage bearings done, and needs a full bottom end reco as well as the top (which the seller didnt tell me) so i will just keep saving for that lxr ;)

Yeah bugger that. Wouldn't have had much change left from 3-4 grand and could get a 450 and be done with it not including all the manual labour involved in getting it back up to scratch.

Sellers only tell you what they want to.

You can buy my CRF250x cheap if you want it mate. Perfect for bush bashing. ;)

true that, cheers for the offer man but i want that lxr, then i can have a crack with you guys next year when i move to the mainland, i just thought the tm may have been a money maker tbh

Latest posts

Back