show us your Z50r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnarlynick11

Reaction score
hey guys ive seen lots of topics in here on the z 50j
and i want to see al the z50r i have an 82 model
ill post up pic soon
show us what you got !!

P1020452.jpg

Wow Gnarly, what is your tank held on with!? looks like blue strapping!

Fast MC, Respect right there is that a +2 rear swinger? combined with the forks it gives a great overall stance! bet it handles awesome!!

mine looks like this now...
SN850917.jpg

SN850919.jpg

SN850938.jpg

SN850933.jpg

Thanks...The swingarm is a Daytona +8cm with showa 285mm shocks. It does handle pretty well on the track although the rims are too narrow to handle a decent size tire. They will be soon replaced with Daytona 5 spoke rims in wide sizes.

hahah yeh its a blue occy strap
was a quick fix at the time
i love your exhaust fools33d whats it off?

Sweet! looks like it would take a beating! what forks are they? wonder if the stock z rim would squeeze into em.. doubtful...

Sweet! looks like it would take a beating! what forks are they? wonder if the stock z rim would squeeze into em.. doubtful...

Forks and swingarm are from an old XR75 and the shocks are early CR80. It was a pretty good jumper till the shocks took a crap. Now they're pogo sticks !

how much can u pick one of these bikes up for??

will crf/xr 50 parts work on these
can u boar them out with a big boar kit

thx sam

certainly can put bore kits thru them. Its basically the same motor as what the xr50 of today uses. Except ours are 2o+ years old. Frame and swinger have changed and crf;xr tank seat shrouds do not fit without modification. I'v got a bare frame{z5or 85ish model} and fork tubes available should you be interested, check the for sale section. Will also include the tank which i prefer over the j shape tank if the $ are right.

i was thinking of a newer shaped model like the motard and jumper on the previouse page probably from 92 0nwards

thanks sam

Man I love that bike BUZZ it'd be right at home at the Last Resort :D

Some of your others are awsome as well,ya gotta run a few in FOTM my prediction is you'll take it out with some of those others you have sittin around over there.

Ya gotta get across the pond soon mate many beers await you :cool:

Neat AS!!! was that on the 'bay not so long ago?!? it looks SPANKN NEW! :D drool!

Awesome resto mate! you should be Rapt!!! it looks a treat! did you take pics during the build? Should do a thread ;)

keep them coming if there is more! everyone loves pictures of zeds!

Is it back to original or have you tweaked things a little internally?
funny its got a J tank on it! I want to use the R tank on my J frame, but the locating lugs are in a different location and it sits REAL far forward :(

Latest posts

Back