show us your Z50r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Year they still cool the old school Z fiddys a. Me n brother got one each.

Last edited:
this is the zedder that has been in the family for 25 or so years ... just had valves and seals done for the first time ever lmao :D was lacking a tiny bit of go hehe

IMAGE_017.jpg

custom seat lol... used to have springs for that extra bit of comfort :D

I love the tank on that model .... are ya gunna do it up and get her on the tar ?

um, dont quote me on this, but im of the belief a z50 doesnt need a compliance plate.... depending on the year of manufacture, and what else? a "letter of compliance" for other ones...

just remember reading that soewhere on the rta.... i know none of my posties had compliance plates...vin numbers, yes,though not the same as modern ones, anyway.... but not compliance plates...

all z50s should be registered:)

fully:cool:

is that a john dear ride on :eek: lol

nice z50, don't know about the seat looks dickie to me:p..should get it rego'd:)

haha right now its the 'family' run-around for the property we got near jameson on 'lake' eildon lol... so no tarmac for it for a while unless i replace it with another one..

dont remember what the ride on is bully its one of 3 or 4 dads acquired... got 1 or 2 at eildon and 1 or 2 for his place... and the seat would look dickie lol cant remember where it came from but when the old one sh@t itself 15 years ago or something we got that for nuthin... being the run-around and lasting for 25+ years with almost no work done on it ya cant fault a dickie seat lol :D (old one sat at the same height as the tank :p)

i tell ya i would love to get her on the road it would be a good project to get it looking schmicko, it doesnt look a great deal different to when we got it 2nd hand all those years ago.. i dont even know what year it is or any other details about it, till i got on miniriders i never really knew how popular they have become over the years.

also got a frame with bars and wheels i think from a scrap metal dealer in mansfield that seemed like a zedder but was bigger almost 90 postie bike size i think but with same style handle bars (one reason we got it since originals have been welded more times than i can remember) i'll take a photo next time i visit the olds.

cash (as usual) will be the main issue in doing anything to it but my interest has certainly flared since i been here, especially with the vids from Snitchy... lovin them mate keep em coming looks like awesome fun.

oh yeah and bully the seat really came at a perfect time since when we changed it i had started having trouble catching branches and tee-tree and all likes of foliage having kinda grown 'a bit' and needing to hang my knees right out :D

Last edited:
I seemed to have bumped a well and truly dead thread

Last edited:
Here is my newly acquired monster death machine.... a 1981 Z50R with 125cc replacement engine.

I really have to put extended swing arms on to tame this beast going slow and fast. It has a knarly 4.80-8 rear tire for roto-tillers that is super aggressive with the knobby tread.

I believe every American should own a machine that they can lift over their heads and that will take them down the road at 55 mph. ( my machine = 115lbs.)

$00A0A_4uncPfGwaDN_1200x900.jpg

Latest posts

Back