Skyteam cobra is really slow

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gion_s

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting on this forum :)
I've recently bought a Skyteam Cobra 50cc (Chinese Honda Ape copy) with about 5000km on it. The problem is that it basically runs like crap. You might think that it's because it's a cheap chinese reproduction but I've owned two cobras in the past and they performed well. Here are the problem in more details:
-When the engine is "cold" (when I just started it), the bike can't even go up a slight hill. It just dies after like 20 meters (depending on the steepness). This sucks since my daily commute starts with a hill... :mad: The only way I can get it to go up a hill is to start my commute with a downhill to rev the motor up like crazy (I guess it heat the motor up). Then only does the bike perform a bit better.
-After a few kms, when its runs normally (I guess) it still doesn't that fast (even for a 50cc)

Here's the thing, the two other Cobras I owned were derestricted (airbox mod, admission pipe, etc) when I bought them and they didn't have these problems. The one I have know isn't so my question is, should I derestrict it? Maybe it's just a carburator adjustment? What should I do?

Cheers,
Gion

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back