Slam MXR 160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MXR160

Reaction score
I've recently bought a Slam MXR 160 (YX 160 engine) and think it's quite sluggish more like a 140, I think it's got a mikuni 30mm on it, but the cheap one with the flap switch choke it's like 20 quid on eBay I think it's what it comes with from new this may be the culprit, what's a good carb or any other cheap mods I can do to increase pull on a budget as skint ATM, was looking at a vm26 conversion but would be too much, and also what's the best jetting to opt for? I'm at 90m above sea in a pretty cold Climate (around 10-20 Celsius) once I've abit more money I'll get a hi comp piston and do a nice vm26 set up jetted properly but what's the best thing to do for now? Thanks IMG_0646.JPG

Oko 26mm d slide carby. Good carb, easy to work on and cheap. From memory, 38 or 40 pilot jet and anywhere from 98 to 105 main jet

Sent from my ALCATEL_4034A using Tapatalk

OKO 26mm great carb for the price, I run 39pilot and 105main and runs awesome, I'm in NZ so very similar climate to you, they run keihin hex type jets, easy to find.
Mine is a z155/160ho though, never had a yx engine

Cheers for the help guys, seems a little small on the main and big o the pilot from what I've read up but don't k ow where they were, altitude etc, I'll look about getting a 26mm and jetting it, would jetting the carb I have now to those setting make a difference until I get the carb?

Latest posts

Back