Slip on exhaust mod

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzo97

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have made a slip on muffler mod by cutting a old muffler in half removing packing and baffle and bolting it on to my original muffler (becausei have read that it can help with acceleration) and to me it dose seem to help get the engine to a high rpm faster. Just wondering if anyone else has done somthing similar or heard of/ know of this being done t achieve the same results ? I would rather not have it on there (because of looks and sound) =too loud, looks funny .. But it seems to RealY help with acel.. Why would this be? Because it is longer? Long story short. I'd like to know if this 'mod' is actually a mod or if it's all in my head.. Because if it is, I won't have to ride around with a silly looking megaphone of a muffler

sounds like the ricer car guys fitting a 5" muffler to their 1.8 litre engined Corolla's etc

Dont bother. The stock china pipe will be plenty sufficient

What's your point ? Or are you just being a wan*** like always ..
ok, sorry for trying to help you.
i could give you a warning for that comment, but i will just add you to my Ignore list instead

I'm going with it's all in your head and now you have a crappy looking muffler.

It may get it to rev slightly higher but you will loose a lot of back pressure as well. Between this and your flywheel mod you would have 0 torque left on the bike.

Why do you want your bike to rev so high so fast? It doesn't make it faster. If anything your going to be struggling to put the power down to the ground now and will just spin the wheel when you crack the gas on.

You want to watch speaking to mods like that too. I'm not as nice as Craig so consider that a warning. Craig is one of the most knowledgeable guys on here, when he speaks you listen and take it all in. Every member on here has learnt a lot off him.

How's saying that it's sounds like somthing a ricer car guy would do to their corrola trying to help me exactly? How would this leave the bike torque-less? And why wouldn't I? Hm isn't spinning the back wheel what moves the bike ..

When you rob a engine of back pressure you lose torque, basic mechanics. The ricers throwing the giant cannons on their rollas are doing the same thing. Its about as smart as the commodore owners fitting giant pod filters that suck hot air straight out of the engine bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back