Small hands can't reach break levers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dthwraith

Reaction score
Just bought my 6yr old a QG-50 Coolster pit bike/dirt bike. He really loves the thing but his small hands can't reach either of the break levers. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Are there any aftermarket adjustable break levers that will work on this? Thanks for all of your help.

most foldable levers are adjustable for different finger lengths...easy to find on e-bay or any decent bike shop.

Well I've been finding a few on eBay, problem is I get 1 break lever and 1 clutch lever. Don't need the clutch as it's a 2 stroke auto trans. So I need a right and left break lever. Which seems to be impossible to find in adjustable levers. Unless a clutch lever can be used as a break lever? Can it? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm new to all this dirt bike stuff. Loving the father son time though!!

nah..not a dumd question, just fit the brake cable to the clutch lever/perch, the lever is only there to pull the cable!...., the lever doesn't know whether its a brake or clutch cable....as long as it pulls the cable!
hope you can get it sorted.:)

Latest posts

Back