So i found this in my head...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evilmonkey

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I pulled my exhaust off of my z155ho/160ho whatever today and i found this in the exhaust port...

china_awesomeness.jpg

It got a bit mangled coming out.

Ive got a feeling this really shouldnt be in there... But hey, i could be wrong

What are your opinions?

Looks like your exhaust gasket mate.

Does your exhaust move around when it's on?

I havent noticed, to be honest. I lost a bolt, so was taking the other one off to take into town to get another, and thought i would have a bit of a gander up into the head, when i saw it

It looked really odd to me because it was right inside the exhaust port, and its like a circular ring of metal that was partly closing off the exhaust...

Well i just checked, i cant see an exhaust gasket in there, so that must of been it. It must of gotten mangled when i took the exhaust off.

I just test fitted the exhaust, she seem to be a real tight fit, should i be alrite to run it without the gasket?

Well i just checked, i cant see an exhaust gasket in there, so that must of been it. It must of gotten mangled when i took the exhaust off.

I just test fitted the exhaust, she seem to be a real tight fit, should i be alrite to run it without the gasket?
Certainly need a new gasket, Header leaks make it run like crap and reduce the pipes aility to extrat the hot gases making for hotter engine temps.
not to mention a red-hot cracking header pipe.

Get a copper one if you can as they are re-usable.

Yeah definitely worth the couple of bucks to replace it.

Bike will run lean until you do.

I thought that at first swapper but it's way too thin to be one.

Yeah, I am with you guys now. Some of the parts you would think are made of cheese, but there would be other carnage to go with it if it was a valve spring. Def would be the exhaust gasket that had unwound itself.

definately an exhaust gasket,
it would have started out looking like this-

61xBPS87iZL._SX425_.jpg

buy a new one like this style, 33mm od
2X 33mm Copper Exhaust Pipe Gasket 125cc 140cc PIT PRO Quad Dirt Bike ATV Buggy | eBay

this thread reminds me of this one
http://www.miniriders.com/ask-the-tech-masters-/34294-found-exhaust.html

Cheers for the help guys. Got two copper gaskets ordered offa ebay, and hopefully my local bike store might have one in stock to get me riding again.

Yep thats normal they come on most china bikes. They normally unravel as soon as you take the pipe off.

Damn internet not loading the other posts.

Latest posts

Back