Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention, there's Glen at Suncoast Pitbikes also. He's a reputable dealer for Dhz and Dirtmax bikes which both make great bikes, he also sells quads. He doesn't like to sell garbage because they cause too many head aches for him.

He's on Wises Rd Maroochydore. However I don't think he comes back till next week.

If the quad in mention has drum brakes on the front you would need to adjust them so they are easier to pull in but even drum brakes aren't the best anyway and the drum brake levers are not interchangeable with hydraulic levers, but the left brake lever which operates the rear brake should be hydraulic and an adjustable lever will be able to be fitted to the master cylinder to allow adjustment for the lil fingers to reach, the rear brakes will be more than your kiddy needs with a lil 50 or 70 quad.

But if a 70 quad is available I would get that over a 50 as the 50 is quite weak and doesn't like slower speeds and turning at the same time where as a 70 will be easier to ride.

Well been asking around and had a few people suggesting we get a 50 bike and put training wheels on it. More options, now.

the quad will teach him good throttle control get them to put a proper throttle on one and adjustable levers so you can bring them closer to the bars
i did this exactly for my son

he then went pretty confidently onto a 2 wheel bike when he could balance better

training wheels on motorbikes are dangerous on anything other than dead flat surface. they will also tip if cornered to hard.... and your young bloke like on a push bike will rely on them to much for balance

i suggest you go to a dealer and push for a better price they should come to the party. by going to a dealer you will have somewhere to go back to for more major servicing Like valve adjustment which will need to be done eventually.

+ it supports a local small business.

i've seen alot of people bring there ebay bought quads into my mates shop that have not been set up properly and are out right dangerous...... the store will pre deliver the bike as well which in labour value is around $100 this should include a fuel filter oil tuneing assembly of cause and ready to ride.

Last edited:
Whoops!

Sorry Roxy. I had seen a few little bikes with the trainers on them, they looked like a good idea? I didn't realise they were dangerous. :damnmate:

Brooksy is spot on.

IMO 2 and a half is just too young. You need to think about the consequences if they do have a stack they will never want to ride again.

I wouldn't try and stick a kid on until 4 at the earliest.

Learning on a quad first is a very smart idea. Get the throttle control down pat before worrying about balancing. The training wheels are fine but you do have to be on flat ground. In saying that if your learning that's all you should be going on anyway.

I think a lot of people rush kids on bikes when they are too young expecting them to grow up and be the next Chad Reed. lol

My little boy is nearly 4, I wouldn't put him on a bike younger than that IMO. Just been back down to Small Wheel Deals at Morayfield, will be steering clear of them. Started asking a few more questions from things I'm learning on this site and they couldn't answer or weren't interested in answering. Even asked a bit more about their bikes and quads and it is their own special brand apparently. UMMMM sorry but it's not, they are the same as the ones off ebay. Rather disappointing actually.

Latest posts

Back