spark plug drama

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaseeboy

Reaction score
This might sound crazy, but. My 110cc wont start, so ive taken out the spark plug and with it inserted into the lead and earthed up against the head it wont spark. However if i move it just slightly away from the head it does spark. I have tryed another plug and it does the same thing. Why wont it spark when touching the head..... any ideas.. CDI or Stator or Wiring??..or Me????

Theres not going to be a spark when its touching, the spark only occurs when the current jumps to the earth , it should be able to jump to the engine

with the threaded part of the spark plug touching an earth, i dont get a spark(as if it was threaded into the head.) But if i move it about 2mm away from the head a spark will jump across the plug. I found 1 youtube video of someone with the same problem but he didnt say how he fixed it.

I am a noob, just just my 2 cents....
could your head be painted?

I'd try a brand new plug - I take it when you pull the plug away from the head the spark jumps from the plug to the head (it's not the actual plug that's sparking) - if so def try a new plug as it sounds like everything is working except for the plug.

Also unbolt the earth wire from the frame and clean the contact patches with some fine sand paper

ummm could try a new coil lead, as i have had them brake where the plug goes into the cover, as it broken it havesnt give my a spark.

id buy a new plug and try again...if its sparking sometimes, it may just be something your doing wrong?

id buy a new plug and try again...if its sparking sometimes, it may just be something your doing wrong?

i agree with getting a new plug, maybe some of the internals are farked??? or if its been bent and straightened back, that can really weaken them...

but yea as MF says abuv just get a new plug there only 5$ not even that much!!

The ceramic of the plug is cracked. When you have the plug against the head the spark is jumping where you cant see it, inside the plug, when you pull it away it still jumps inside the plug but also through the air where you can see it.

Latest posts

Back