Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prox666

Reaction score
20131031_122732.jpg
Does anyone no if this will work and any idea how I install it
Has anyone got this that can help me out thanks

Is that rite just unscrew the plug boot and join it there
Is that it

Attachments

• 20131031_125606.jpg
    20131031_125606.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yeah it will work that is a connector/capacitor on the other end, just cut the lead of your coil leaving about 40mm and screw the two together simple, they all just have little prongs that screw into each wire. I prefer the Ngk over the spitfire.

I'm sure Craig will elaborate on it but it's quite simple when you get it and have a look, would be better gains if you actually upgrade the coil as well and get an iridium plug.

yeah they work,
i have one on my Atomik Fuse, also Rodney68 uses one on his lads Race bike
Chickenwingz just got and fitted his, and Blender is ordering one too.

they have a capacitor in the black adapter, this stores the peak energy that runs down the lead
and lets it fire this when the coil fires.
so it gives off the best spark each time it fires.
you can hear the difference at the spark plug, pull the plug and earth it to the head and kick it over.
then fit the lead and test it again, definately gives off a better spark.

you can fit them 2 ways, the original lead should just unscrew to remove it from the coil.
if it doesn't, don't force it as it may break the thread off in the coil.

if it wont unscrew, you need to cut your coil lead about 50-100mm short of the coil,
then push it through your new leads' adapter boot and screw it in firm.

the other way, which i used to fit mine, is to cut the lead about 100mm in from the adapter
and screw the end of the lead into the blank end
the other end can then be screwed into you coil housing, i needed to trim back some of the insulation so that it would fit into the coil housing, i used the bench grinder carefully to grind about 1mm deep, off the lead
and did it about 15mm's down the lead.

Yeah it will work that is a connector/capacitor on the other end, just cut the lead of your coil leaving about 40mm and screw the two together simple, they all just have little prongs that screw into each wire. I prefer the Ngk over the spitfire.

I'm sure Craig will elaborate on it but it's quite simple when you get it and have a look, would be better gains if you actually upgrade the coil as well and get an iridium plug.

I have to agree I've had better results with the ngk lead and upgraded coil

Thanks I cut it and shortend it up a bit does anyone have link to a good coil

theres 3 that i have tried with great results .... the kitaco super coil 2 , chp super coil and takegawa coil they are all a great upgrade

perfect.

i would put a smear of Dielectric grease under the mounting wings too, to stop corrosion between the coil mounts, and the frames' bare metal. some on the terminals too.

Supercheap Auto sell this little tube for about $5, enough to do your bike quite a few times.
great stuff for all electrical connections/switch's, waterproof, dustproof, increases conductivity etc
CDI plugs, Stator plugs, Kill Switch's, Loom sockets, Spark Plug caps

I just connected the lead straight to the coil without using that connector boot with 2 ends, does it make a difference?

yeah, it will make a difference
that black connector is the part that will make the difference, i explained it in one of the posts above

theres 3 that i have tried with great results .... the kitaco super coil 2 , chp super coil and takegawa coil they are all a great upgrade

Do u have a link to where u buy ya kitaco and takegawa stuff from if u dont mind

He has the kitaco super coil and swears by it mate, I've got the takegawa hyper coil and chp coil and swear by it, all are an improvement over stock.
Neither one of them is gonna be like wow bang this is crazy spark it's like my bike is turbo'd kind if thing haha but all will improve start up produce a cleaner burn and help open it up, honestly the best thing to do is choose one run a Ngk lead and iridium plug not gonna get a much better setup.

Last edited:
i agree on the part about the Irridium Spark Plug, CR7HIX

i might have to get hold of a NGK lead, and see if they are any good.

I prefer the NGK lead myself great results and seems to be of slightly better quality ... especially the actual plug boot itself seems to be better quality materials used ....

Like Brendo said classic hondas sell em but good luck with getting one he's been out of stock for a while there on short supply atm ... i think i got my kitaco super coil 2 from a website called j-parts

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back