Squeaky front end?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo97

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I got a new pair of triple clamps in the mail today because my old ones were about t crack apart and weren't the right size for the forks (45mm 45mm top and bottom ) I needed 48 for the bottom and 43 for the top. Anyway.. I've assembled them on the frame leaving the top plate off, put the forks in the bottom clamp and tightened them up. The proceeded by putting the top plate on and then tightened down the big nut on the very top after tightening the top plate to the forks, it's all straight.. But when I old my from brakeman and push forward/down ts squeaks Like all f***? Any ideas? Mabey somthing I'm doin wrong? I am going to start by re doing the entire prosess but with slightly more thought haha

Must be what's doing it.. Because everything else seems fine, They are slightly hard to compress.. I will have a play around with difrent spacers washers tmorow and see if that fixes it

Loosen the front wheel and what the forks. If they push out as you loosen the wheel, then you dont have enough spacers, and the fork seal is rubbing too hord on the stanchion. Are they USD forks or conventionals?

They are usd forks. And yea. Will cheak in the morning if they push out as I loosen the wheel.. Could it work vise versa? Like if there is too much spacers then they are to pushed outward? Because wheni had the old clamps i had to sort of force the second spacer in to get the axle through.. And these clamps seem a bit closer together. just gona have to take it apart and re do the spacers to Match the new clamps I supose

Latest posts

Back