SSR 125 concerns

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivio313

Reaction score
Picked up a 2015 SSR 125 from marketplace.

Main concerns:
6FFF9B5C-D426-4F63-9777-AA2AD4056603.jpeg E7C41F4D-0BAC-41DD-86E5-F5F00FC39146.png C64DCAC5-16B0-4B38-96E0-96FAF3A48A41.jpeg FC08E319-557F-4FA4-995E-F0DEBB1D83EB.jpeg 1. Starts up on 2-3 kicks on half choke but dies out. I cleaned carb and turned up idle screw. Struggles until it’s warm enough 1-2 mins of revs, once warm I can open choke and it idles good enough might stall occasionally.

2. Backfires occasionally after a hard rev and bogs occasionally when revved.

3. Leaks oil out of breather vent hose on back of engine. It’s only Filled half way on dip stick. So it’s not over filled. The hose was wedge in-between the frame and engine. I couldn’t unwedge it so I just cut it so it is free. I can blow air through the vent tube and it will come out of dipstick hole, so it’s not blocked or clogged. But still leaks mostly once the bike Is stopped after or while riding. Also once done riding or even idling for 3+ mins, If I open the dipstick, light white smoke slowly comes out. Not a lot of smoke just lightly oozes out not excess pressure either. I’ve been hearing maybe piston rings on the way out. Please leave your suggestions, much appreciated!!

I would start with a really good cleaning on the carb and make sure your gaskets are solid. Check and clean your electric connections. If your rings are going bad you would get some oil burn, check your exhaust. If it is black and sooty, then oil definitely getting by and you should consider a tear down.

Latest posts

Back