SSR valve engine problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex RidesYamaha

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have an SSR 110 pit bike. the engine has been giving me troubles. It wont start and i inspected everything on the outside of the bike to see if i didnt have to take the engine off. nothing was wrong on the outside so i took the engine off and took off the head. the rings and piston looked okay and so did the piston, the thing that caught my eye was one of the valves IMG_1788[2].JPG IMG_1794[1].JPG

If anyone can help that would be great!!

Welcome to Miniriders.

Di you try checking for spark? remove the spark plug and connect it to the plug lead again, now earth the threads of the spark plug to the engine somewhere, kick it over and listen for it firing.

Have you checked the valve/rocker clearances ?
if not set them to .003" for the inlet, and .004" for the exhaust.

Those valves and the combustion chamber should clean up with some carby cleaner, and brass wire brush?

If you look at the rusty valve it's got a decent chip out of it.

That's not going to buff out. lol

It's too blurry to see properly, do you mean at the top of it?
I reckon that is just carbon/oil on the valve seat

Bottom right hand corner of bottom valve.

It's definitely a chip.

Mmm, not sure,
We'll have to wait till Alex get's back on.

Has spark i ordered new valves and yes the valve has multiple chips in it. the tappets are also adjusted according to factory specs. If there is anything else that could be a problem if you could tell me that would be great! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
since you have the head off take it out in the light and look through the intake & exhaust ports if you see any light coming from around the valves their bent

Make sure though you turn the cam so that each valve is seated , like I said if you see any light around the valves when your looking thru the port its bent

Also are you 100% sure its in time?

Last edited:
Replace the valves mate.

Keep diagnosing when you have done that as I reckon that will fix it.

Yes The timing is spot on, i checked it last week before i took off the head. I will check to see if i can see light coming through tomorrow. Thanks for all the help so far!!:)

Latest posts

Back