Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twisties

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get a stator/lighting coil for my 155z (should be the same as z160ho) to run a rev limiter.
I have seen a few on ebay for around $30 (Brand Magneto Stator Coil 8POLES GY6 125 Moto Lighting | eBay), but I have no idea how to work out if they will fit or not? I know DHZ sells one that is meant to fit but it's $65 and I'd really rather get an ebay one for $35ish if possible.

My other option is buying some magnetic copper wire and wrapping mine myself, but this seems a little tricky, and I'd rather avoid if there's a cheaper alternative.

So my questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a cheap stator/lighting coil that will provide a 12v supply for a 155z?

2. Has anyone had a go at wrapping their stator themselves? If so was it easy/hard, any tips etc?

Thanks everyone :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get a stator/lighting coil for my 155z (should be the same as z160ho) to run a rev limiter.)

do you want to explain this a little further... you'd be the only one wanting a limiter lol

but a gy6 stator guts wont fit...

just buy one from dhz

let me guess ... dynatek drl-300 your trying to bolt on it ?? aren't they almost $100 or more ?

Get the one from DHZ if your gonna do it then do it right first time save ur-self any problems ...

Alright thanks for the info guys, wrapping it yourself looks pretty straight forward and only costs $9 for the wire so I might just give that a go and if I have no joy I'll fork out for the DHZ version.

The limiter might be for when the wife gets on the bike..

Correct! Girlfriend, and friends who have very little mechanical sympathy!

nickv1980 - Close - DRL-300CDI, but I've found a couple of others as well..

Last edited:
seems like a lot of stuffing about just to get a limiter lol

your going to need a regulator as well...

11volt lipo battery may be a little easier...

probably a good idea to run a lipo pack under the seat somewhere they hold charge well for long periods and i highly doubt it will need charging very often ........

$35 for this : RCHobbies.com.au

It will work out alot cheaper and alot less hassle as well

Latest posts

Back