Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillysno1

Reaction score
hay my bikes got a "magneto" problem, theirs no spark. ive tryed a new cdi and coil but still no spark. now the pikes making some strange CLICK CLICK CLICK sound from some gold thing that hads a rubber cover over it.
this is the pic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...1/PHOT0014.jpg
and this is the sound it makes
http://media.putfile.com/MPEG0007-61

also is the magneto just the magnets on the flywheel? and how do i replace it and how much will it cost?

sorry but i dont know much about 4strokes or electic start

Hey Bro,

That " gold thing that hads a rubber cover over it" is what we call a " Relay"
It has switch like preferences that turn on and off. I presume ur bike has electric start? cause i removed my "relay" when i removed my electrics.
Im preety sure it activates your startor motor...

The magneto just runs off the flywheel with magnets... magnetos arnt cheap atleast 80 for a unit then u gota install it...

Cheers!!

Sound's like a flat battery, have you tried kick starting ?

If so a new stator will cost you about $60, and to get a bike shop to fit it prob $100+. Don't attempt to do it yourself unless you have good knowledge on bikes.

bikes got kick and eletric start. i dont intend to take electics off as i wont be racing and will save me time and effort. some thing that i hate about the pb's.

we've tred kick still no spark or start. tryed roll start to. nothing. i may see if the dealer will send a magneto, if not will try ebay

all relays make clicking noises....the relays they use on these bike deal with alot of current for the starter motor. thats why it may be louder than usual..

The thing you need to replace if you are getting no spark is called the stator. Remove the flywheel (with a flywheel puller) and you will see it there. It is a pain in the ass to remove the stator off these bikes, they have been made as if the stator was never going to be changed and it requires careful drilling to remove the rivets holding the stator in. Best way to attach the new stator would be either to try pop rivetting it on or tack weld with an Arc welder.

if you hear some kinds of clik clik then you got some sparks it means it is probably your spark plug

Latest posts

Back