Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
hi there just realised i have the wrong stator,
what i want to do is run lights off my yx 160 but there is no 'yellow' wires only black with yellow and that goes to the coil So....i have the regulator and im wondering if i can hard wire the regulator to the coil? if not ive seen a magneto on dhz that has the wires that i need, what do i need to do to get the old magneto off and put the new one on..... how/to

and im not sure if i posted this thread in the right section?
cheers

hi there just realised i have the wrong stator,
what i want to do is run lights off my yx 160 but there is no 'yellow' wires only black with yellow and that goes to the coil So....i have the regulator and im wondering if i can hard wire the regulator to the coil? if not ive seen a magneto on dhz that has the wires that i need, what do i need to do to get the old magneto off and put the new one on..... how/to

and im not sure if i posted this thread in the right section?
cheers

prolly tech talk or something like that would be better
what you will need to do is take the side cover off... take the flywheel off (with a flywheelpuller tool) and there will be your magneto and stator plate i think 2 or 3 bolts and it will be off the bike.. ready to put the new lighting coil one on..

i could be wrong..

So you only have 3 wires coming from your magneto?

where the black conduit comes out of the top l/h side case of the motor,
follow them up about 150mm, there should be a white 5x pin plug, or a 2x pin plug and 3 loose wires, have you found that?

yer but there isnt the 3 loose wire i can assure ive checked twice now lol
so what i have is a green, blue/w wht and a black/w red thats coming out of the lh side of the case

pull the l/h side cover off the motor, there's 2x or 3x 8mm headed bolts, and get a pic of the flywheel/rotor setup, post it up

ok i've seen the stator type,
with your wiring conduit, between the white plug and the motor, can you strip it back to look for the extra wires?

have you played with the stator wiring at all?
if you have that 6 pole stator, it's not an easy job to remove the lighting coil from it.
i'm guessing that maybe someone has cut the extra wires off, or taped them back to the others coming off the stator?
but you might not be able to see it until you take the cover off.

For some reason some have the lighting plumbed in and others not, being a 6 pole you would think they would have the lighting wires plumbed into every 6 pole stator as the coil is there and ready for use.

anyway what should i do
ummm.. flywheel puller? and take it off and make sure that there 2 yellow wires?
obvious one........ get a new one lol

here is an old one i have,
i removed the screw from the wiring retaining plate, and slide the conduit up to reveal the wires
the 2x yellow wires run from the coil that is sitting at 7 o'clock.

Latest posts

Back