Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hustle

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, sorry if it isn't.

Hey,

Well my bike broke about 3 months ago now. I couldn't get any spark from it at all. I've spent the last 3 months trying to get it working myself. I've replaced the Spark plug, cdi, coil and checked all the electrics.

There still no spark. I gave the bike to a family friend who is a mechanic and he has told me that the bike needs a new magneto (also called a stator plate).

I've rang my local bike dealers and repair shops and they are looking at charging me £120-£140 for the part and to fit it which is ridiculouse.

Now i've looked on ebay and found a so called ''stator plate for pit bike 70cc-120cc for electric start pitbikes. Now it would be a lot cheaper to buy this part, but im worried that i wont be able to take the old one out and put this new one in as it looks VERY complicated. I'm also worried if it will fit as there is apparently a few types of magnetos that you can buy for these bikes.

Heres the link eBay.co.uk: PIT BIKE/ DIRT 110 125cc MAGNETO STATOR PLATE ELEC STAR (item 220102752242 end time 25-Apr-07 11:43:21 BST)

What do you guys think i should do? I'm fed up with my bike sitting as a expensive ornament.

I think you should probably pay the expensive price and make it work.

I wouldn't trust ebay with this type of stuff

i think there all generic dosent matter which one u get thats wat ppl told me

They are all generic the only difference is between kick start only and electric start. The other difference's are in the connector plugs coming from the coils to the main harness. Thumpstars also usually do not have a lighting coil in the system. I noted you said have found an electric start mag. If you havent got electric start this will not fit your bike. Try looking on the net for fast fifty shops in the UK you should be able to find a part for 30pound max. The job should take no more than 30 mins to complete. You may be able to assit in less cost by removing the plastics and tank if your wiring is tucked up out of reach. That should save you some labour cost also. Good luck.

They are all generic the only difference is between kick start only and electric start. The other difference's are in the connector plugs coming from the coils to the main harness. Thumpstars also usually do not have a lighting coil in the system. I noted you said have found an electric start mag. If you havent got electric start this will not fit your bike. Try looking on the net for fast fifty shops in the UK you should be able to find a part for 30pound max. The job should take no more than 30 mins to complete. You may be able to assit in less cost by removing the plastics and tank if your wiring is tucked up out of reach. That should save you some labour cost also. Good luck.

Thanks.
My thumpstar has electric start. I asked the guy if his part would fit an electric start 05/06 model Thumpstar. He said it would.
Heres the part i bought eBay.co.uk: PIT BIKE/ DIRT 110 125cc MAGNETO STATOR PLATE ELEC STAR (item 220102752242 end time 21-Apr-07 18:32:07 BST)

I'm contemplating wether i should attempt to fix it myself.

Also, i rang the person who looked at my bike today and he said he can not guarantee it is the stator plate, but he's tried the coil, spark plug, cdi and none of them are faulty, so he's guessing its this.

Its weird, one day, when i took the old battery off and fitted a new battery, the bike just wouldnt start after that. Why would a magneto break for no reason.

hi
i brought a magneto for my 140 lifan but need to know where the 2 little o/rings go on the engine or the 2 screws that hold it on

its only like $30 so buy it and see if it works it probly will.

m0p

i got a orion thumpa and the magneto stuffed up and i got a new one i dont know how to put the new one on. One of m mates told me its a hard job because you have to get the timing right. how do i do all of these things ?? please help

i got a orion thumpa and the magneto stuffed up and i got a new one i dont know how to put the new one on. One of m mates told me its a hard job because you have to get the timing right. how do i do all of these things ?? please help

no mate i did it in my thumpy just make sure the its wired up right .. the timing doesnt need to be touched just make sure u drain the oil first

how do i get the magneto flywheel thing off ????

some one help any way of getting it off with out a puller

either a car pully removal kir or the way i did it was with a big screw driver and very gently get it under it and try n wedge it of..

the pully removal kit would be best

when i did mine the 3 or 4 jaw pullers didnt fit so i just lightly tapped around the flywheel with a hammer then it needed a little leverage from a screw driver then just fell off thus no puller involved

i wouldnt bother buying a puller and trying it cuz there is simply not enough room for the jaws to grab the flywheel

hope this helps guys:)

need help

i just bought a pro racing thumpster stator plate i got it instaled and all that but i cant figure out the wiring can aqnyone help? here is a link to the picture

Redirect Notice
:action-smiley-032:

Latest posts

Back