stator plate screws

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onya

Reaction score
I'm changing the stator on my zonghshen 160ho and I've mutilated the two countersunk screws getting it off. Where can i get some replacements? Something with a hex key instead of the phillps head stock ones would be ideal. Thinking of trying Bursons.

*edit* would something like this do the job?

Last edited:
yeah there the right thread but might be a little long... just measure what come out.. i think there closer to 10mm.
but you can always cut them down..

The 16mm, as long as they measured overall fastener lengths as common practice with countersunk, is the ticket. Honda calls them 6x16;) I get those same screws at the local Bolts-R-Us (actually Mid-State Bolt, but that's boring) and swap them in to most builds. A dab of anti-seize under the head helps too. No clue why the buggers seat so firmly. A left-hand drill bit is the easiest way to remove them. 4-5 outta 10 NEW engines I tear down have to be drilled. They just hold a stinkin' plate from falling off, not the whole rear wheel, ferchristsake.

i was going off the fact that these guys call them 17mm

the same mob on ebay has them in 10 and 12 as well so i'll find out which length they're measuring and order some up.

yeah i measure the thread length (not including the bolt head)

thread length on these are 11mm but yeah 16mm total length

i had the same problem on my nephews bike than again on my bike try getting a large phillips head screw drive place the drive into the screw and hit it hard with a hammer do this 3-4 times the screw will be loose a long bolt also works just not as good and u can hammer your fingers lol

be careful, the allen heads have different taper angles on the head and may stick out a little bit. thats why i opted to just replace the screws with the new phillips and use an impact. impact drivers will never strip anything and will loosen the tighest of screws

Latest posts

Back