Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog93

Reaction score
Tools used:
-Impact screwdriver,
-14mm socket,
-22mm open ended spanner with small extension bar,
-rattle gun (air compressor),
-Phillips head screwdriver and
-Hammer

1)Take of the sprocket cover.
2)Take of the nut that’s holding the flywheel on (1 X 14mm nut).
3)Insert the larger bit of the flywheel puller into the flywheel thread ( left hand thread) then add the bolt into the large bit (right hand thread), keep on tightening until you see it move towards you.
4)Take out the two (2) Phillips head screws, might need the impact screw driver.
5)Take out the two (2) o’rings that are placed in where the two (2) screws use to be.
6) Fit all new o’rings to the next stator and the casing.
7)Put the new stator on to engine.
8)Put the two (2) Phillips head screws in and tighten (impact screw driver).
9)Put flywheel on stator.
10)Put flywheel nut ( 1 X 14mm) on and tighten
11)Connect wirers and put in bike.

SDC10038.jpg

SDC10039.jpg

SDC10040.jpg

SDC10041.jpg

SDC10042.jpg

SDC10050.jpg

SDC10051.jpg

Last edited:
make sure that nut is done up tight as a mofo and use locktight, otherwise it's by by crankshaft.
A rattle gun or torque wrench is what you need

good work bulldog..awesome tutorial

and yeah i always use a rattle gun to tighten the magneto bolt. if it comes loose then it can shear the woodruff key and sometimes its known to destroy the magneto keyway slot and the crankshaft....

I just tightened.. Didn't even think to use the rattel gun :rolleyes:. I wouldn't of had to use the screwdriver in the flywheel hole trick.. Why didn't I think of that?

All well. Thanks boys:).

the woodruff key in the crankshaft lines it up so it's impossible to put on the wrong way

If I have no rattle gun, (usually associated with air compressor, or zillion dollar electric) can I use the impact driver to tighten my flywheel nut ?
Update the tool list.

Last edited:
Never had one come off yet (yet), good tip for the race track tool kit

the best tool for the job is the correct tool, probly easily made too.
they look just like an angle grinder spanner with 2 lugs on it that goes into the slots on the magneto then you use a breaker bar to tighten the bolt

If you don't have a rattle gun ro impact driver... I just put two screwdrivers into the slots on the flywheel and tighten with the rachet...

do you need to do this with the motor out of the bike ??

i think u can do it well doesnt look like u cant do it in the bike so i say yes u can

nah just lay the bike over and put one hand grip on the stand or crate w/e

i followed all the steps in this then wired it all back up and now i cant get the bike started anyone know what would be causing this ??

Latest posts

Back