STR lxr brake adaptors and brake/oil lines review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wouldn't make it any easier ! the adapters where made for yzf masters so thats what i got

You said "Masters" ... meaning the front as well as the rear ...

What I was hoping you'd get is ... "Is there any special reason OR benefit in running a YZF250/450 front master over the stock CR85 master ?" ...

Since it's cheaper to source the parts from the US it'd be better to buy a complete CR85 front brake system off a new (or near new bike) from the one seller ... Most Yank ebay sellers want ridiculous shipping costs per part ... and some try to add shipping for each part onto the final price ...

Most want over $30 US up to $57 per part ... One seller only charges $15 ...

I got all the parts from one seller so it wasn't to bad , the reason i went yzf is apprently they feel better .

The CR front master cylinder bolts onto the handle bars ... no adaptor needed ...

BaaaaHaaaa:)

If ya do talk to Sik Gary, tell him I sent ya for a cam chain adjuster, in "Passionfruit Gloss".
I lost his number and that would make him laugh, call and curse me:beerchug:

That's what I was trying to find out before I buy all the parts ... YZF's run a larger volume front caliper than a CR85 ... so their master cylinder might have a higher volume ... In theory , since the YZF master might pump more fluid with less movement it should give a more solid feel with less lever movement ? ...

Maybe I should ask Sik Tendencies LOL ...

ok maybe i should of been clearer, the adaptors are for rear caliper rear master cylinder and front caliper not the front master. all i no is it does fell alot better than the china brakes

Sik Tendencies said the brake line bolts onto the rear of the CR85 master cylinder and that can cause problems on pitbikes so they use the YZF master because the line bolts on at the front ... There's no difference in the braking performance between the CR85 and YZF master cylinders ...

Latest posts

Back