Summer Riding vs Winter Riding

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchAustralia

Reaction score
Hey guys + girls,
Title says it all, so whats your opinion?
Personally, I'm torn because I love the sliding around in winter and staying nice and cool and muddy.
But summer you get a lot more grip and speeeed :) Hate those hot sticky days though!
Share your thoughts on this :D

LOL. Winter here involves SNOW up to your bits, and the swimming hole freezes over. Still OK to plow it off and run around in circles on it, with studded tires:) If you ride in all sandy areas, trails are OK, but the clay ones get ice spots in the ruts and slide you into a frozen hardwood tree. Not cool. Still, gives an excuse for Jagermeister and the hot tub after a ride:) NEVER look over when a mate yells "Hey! Does this look frost-bit?"...

Winter in Queensland = less rain = less mud = less bike cleaning = better in my opinion

Woggy you are soft!! lol

Winter is THE time to ride especially for trail riding. Mud is unreal and hill climbs are actually challenging.

Summer is too hot and too dusty. No were near as challenging either.

I agree but dont you reckon its good to have sweet grip at some times... like a motocross track? I hate it when there are like mini dams at the base of each jump or berm!

Yeah I hear ya. The thing is, if you can do it in the wet muddy conditions, dry is easy as afterwards!! :action-smiley-035:

well here in tassie conditions are pretty much spot on right now, get alot of dew of a night and morning then sun comes out, not to hot not to dry..........mid summer it sucks, to dusty an hot, so im more for winter/spring

True Ill ride my bike whenever I can. SA was the best though for riding, chuck the bikes on the trailer and head over to Jams Farm and for like 10 bucks you could have a whole days riding. Here in QLD places to ride are few :(

True Ill ride my bike whenever I can. SA was the best though for riding, chuck the bikes on the trailer and head over to Jams Farm and for like 10 bucks you could have a whole days riding. Here in QLD places to ride are few :(

Yeha I really need to get out to Jams, does it have jumps or is it just a flat track?
I live in the Adelaide Hills so its pretty good weather most the time!

Yeha I really need to get out to Jams, does it have jumps or is it just a flat track?
I live in the Adelaide Hills so its pretty good weather most the time!

Yeah it has all sorts of tracks long flat stretches for beginners, small technical tracks, tracks with big jumps, sand tracks, etc. Its really worth it!!!

You live in the Adelaide Hills? I used to live in Balhannah where abouts are you?

when ever there is no mud i hate cleaning mud off my bikes

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back