Sundiro 50cc two stroke quad build (eton)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gggval

Reaction score
hey everyone,
tomorrow im going to get the quad in the title.
im a MC mechanic that specializes in customs, so this will be pretty easy but I need a little help since I work on much bigger bikes.

here is a list of what I plan on doing:
put a 70cc Yamaha jog cylinder piston and rings on ( the Eton quad motor is modeled after the jog, and the sundiro is modeled after the Eton haha)
the im going to make a expansion exhaust pipe (high flow)
the intake box is going to be removed and I will put a high flow pod air filter on
the carb will have a #80 main jet
and there will be a no rev limit CDI box.

the paint is whitewashed so im going to repaint the plastics high gloss jet black.
the Times might go white if im up to it.

total investment is no more than $200 ($100 for quad, $100 parts) and im expecting to get no less than $500 out of it when im finished.

I'll post my progress throughout if you guys are interested, but I want to know if a 80 main jet is two much or to little, and what you think it will be worth? ( stock they sell for $400-$450) moded how much do you think?
im not sure of the year but I think its a 2000

thanks for your help :-D

sounds good, do you have any pics?
i've never heard of them

i will take a pic the minute i get it. there is not much info on the mini quad because its a copy of a copy haha. the stock main jet is 85 so I will put a 90 on. i will also put a new chain on.

here are the pics semi assembled:
IMG_20130117_182549.jpg

IMG_20130117_182558.jpg

IMG_20130117_182609.jpg

I worked on one of these at work a few months ago and didn't have a clue what it was and had never seen one. But it ran really good and seemed to be built good also. Was a 2 smoke 50cc like this one in mention.

i bought the big bore kit, the vinyl for the seat, the cdi, and pod filter today.
woohoo, now all I need left is to figure out the jetting and get the pilot and main jets.
the exhaust is going to have to be ported because its not round haha.

hey guys,
i did a lot of the mechanical work today.
i fixed the piston, head, ported the exhaust, ported all the intake ports and made sure the ports would not catch the piston rings because it was just roughly put together.
i took a bunch of pictures for yous:
as you can see the new cylinder is on.
i had to make a base gasket, and also no more oil injector.
IMG_20130125_201916.jpg

New gold chain, has a bunch of chain lube with moldy paste which is very expensive
IMG_20130125_201929.jpg

the carb being held in place for the photo, i actually put it in my ultrasonic cleaner right after the picture so it now looks BRAND NEW!
IMG_20130125_201956.jpg

after I took all the pictures I worked my but off to get the thing running. its not as loud as a normal 2 stroke so I was a little confused about that.
the "performance" cdi doesn't work :p which is stupid but i got it started with it on and it wouldn't turn off with the key or anything electric so I put the stock one on for now.
next thing to do is the exhaust but I have some other priorities in my shop for now, so I won't get to that for a little while.

more to come! :)

it looks reasonably big, like an adult would have no problem riding on it. I've never ridden a 50cc but it seems like it would struggle horribly to get it moving, let alone moving quickly or inclines

In stock form this quad actually had some zip to it and would push an adult around, quite responsive and fast for a 50.

well all the engine work is done. its pretty big, good size for a kid, comfy for an adult just not for long periods of time.
between all the work it now has a power band that is 2 or 3000 rpm higher.
it is super responsive! but stock they aren't good for much besides putting around.
here's the new seat cover I made:
IMG_20130126_134014.jpg

forgot to ad these i painted:
IMG_20130125_201821.jpg

IMG_20130125_201827.jpg

Last edited:
here are some other pics of the modded exhaust, and side case/kick starter:
IMG_20130128_202333.jpg

IMG_20130128_202345.jpg

IMG_20130128_202411.jpg

Def looks the goods mate, will be interested in seeing a vid of it run also, maybe a skid or 2 eh.

im painting tonight here's the start of the colors.
its going white with black pigments/ flakes and going to be super nice!
IMG_20130201_173749_zps91fdf005.jpg

alright, here is the final product.
i forgot to do the little plastic( between the handlebars) last night when I was painting so I had to do that today haha because I'm an idiot.
i did the paint the way it was on purpose. the black flakes where more of a powder so I had to do something cool to make up for the loss of interest.
theres a lot of clear on there which is why is so shiny :)
i tested it out for the first time since I got it, its very fast!
IMG_20130202_155958_zps844a337d.jpg

IMG_20130202_160006_zpsbfb7cdde.jpg

$700, who wants to buy it? any takers?

It looks great mate, i cant buy it as i dont think your in North Queensland, but it looks brand bloody new.

haha thanks, it runs better than new, with the 70cc kit it has a powerband 2 or 3000rpm higher than stock.

Well in that case i want to see a smoke run on the concrete, from the tyres and not the exhaust lol.

I'd love to, but live in the suburbs, and noise is frowned upon haha. I'll try and take a video of something at least for you.
I'm running 32:1 for break in and 40:1 after so there will be smoke in the video haha

Ah the smell of 2 banger, gotta luv either way.

Latest posts

Back