Suspension upgrade

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmicY2K

Reaction score
HI CREW

I AM ABOUT TO UPGRADE THE FRONT FORKS AND REAR SHOCK ON MY ATOMIK 160cc BIGFOOT SO I CAN START GETTING SOME AIR. I AM LOOKING AT DNM HRC REAR AND M-200 FRONT. JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO BE SURE I HAVE THE RIGHT MEASUREMENTS WHEN ORDERING. I THINK THE FRONT FORKS ARE 730mm MEASURING FROM THE CENTRE OF THE AXLE TO THE MIDDLE OF THE UPPER CLAMP. DNM HAVE A 735mm AND 785mm OPTIONS, WHICH ONE SHOULD I CHOOSE. I GUESS THE REAR SHOCK IS MEASURED FROM THE CENTRE OF THE UPPER AND LOWER FASTENING HOLES. I THINK THIS MIGHT BE A 310mm ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T TAKEN IT OUT TO MEASURE PROPERLY YET. IF IT IS ONLY A 290mm CAN I GO FOR A 310mm IN ITS PLACE OR STICK WITH STANDARD SIZES?

my writing is neater in capitals, thanks for the advice on shock and forks size. I have heard DNM is a decent product and good value...any thoughts or guidance. I see there is a nice set of 730mm GPX minimoto forks on ebay at the moment.

yea GPX forks are pretty good, same as what they use on the pitsters.

Just measured up the rear shock and as it is currently set up there is 310mm between each eye. I suspect it is a 290mm but has been wound up so the gap is 310mm. Anyhow was thinking of going the 310mm so I didn't need to wind up the spring and have maximum travel. Does that theory sound about right?

winding the spring doesn't change the length of the shock

cool, then I need the 310mm. Thanks. I am looking to buy direct from China via ebay using paypal, am i likely to be sent an empty box or is it all cool

if its on ebay, you will be fine. even if its from another site and pay by paypal (WITH CREDIT CARD!!!) it will still be fine, if its not what you bort you can request a charge back from the bank who the card is from and they credit you, then make sure its all good. then scaming basteds have 45 days to dispute...

woooop 13 days left till i get another 267 back :D:D

Thanks for that, I look forward to letting you all know how I go and whip up a review of the bike after that

seriously...never heard about a 310mm shock...are you sure you measured it correctly??

Yeah centre of one eyelet to the other, 310mm. I thought after it might have been a 290mm wound up but apparently not. its on a bigfoot 17"/14"

Latest posts

Back