Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you are replacing the fork oil,
then i would be pretty sure once they are cleaned out, the fork seals will be fine.
mine were weeping a little, but after servicing the forks, they are all good, no leaks.

it does look pretty tidy too.

i can see the silencer has taken a slight knock.
if you pull the tip of the silencer away from the mudguard it should sit square again

yep thats original condition ive just given it a good clean...

im not sure about the seals i refilled them with fresh oil and then went for a ride and it leaked within 10 mins of riding with alot of oil coming out ...

so when you pulled the forks down, and cleaned them, you didnt clean the seals out ?

all i did was drain the oil from them and then put new oil in i think i may strip it right down and give it a good clean...

You would have to clean inside the seals, but if you are going that far then I would recommend just putting new ones in. Also polishing the tubes would be a good idea too.

so i serviced the front forks and replaced the fork seals with no further leaks. also added some spacers to the forks aswell but instead of cutting some pvc tubing i had some round bar laying around with the same diamater as the original spacer so i just cut them to length adding an extra 1 inch to the spacer length. Also refilled the fork oil with an extra inch of oil measured from the top the front is now alot stiffer and no longer bottoms out... I have also ordered a fmf pipe and silencer for it so just waiting on that to arrive. This bike is so much fun to ride and have got the mrs on it now so she can learn to ride a bike with clutch gears etc...

sounds good,
when i did my DS forks, the oil was almost non existant in one, the others' oil was thick and black.

the FMF expansion chamber and silencer will make a noticable difference too.

i've been working on it a bit today

i got the exhaust from power sport junkies and yes it is for a jr 80

so has anyone played with the jetting im fitting an fmf pipe and silencer and what to get the jetting dialed in correctly

i wouldn't say too much larger than the previous jet sizes

Latest posts

Back