Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davo81

Reaction score
Hey Guys

New member and first post here... Just purchased a a ds80 and plan on doing a few things to tidy it up... First question is are there Tank decals still available for it either oem or aftermarket?? I will post up some pics soon...

Cheers

im not sure yet what to do im thinking either just tidy it it up or do a full resto on it i just think its a really cool little bike...

I paid a bit more than i would have liked it was an original owner bike bt have found a few things wrong including a welded kick start bit annoyed about that but it appears to be repaired quite well so we will see how it goes... I paid 700 for it ... What do you think is that to much..? The rest of the bike is on good nick plastics are good and seat looks like new it still had original tyres on it aswell.

Oh yeah tried to get fuel tank decals for it but they are no longer available for it ... Anyone know where else i could try other than ebay...

talk to a graphics designer to re-make a image of them to scale then get them printed

Hey well i have got the ds 80 back together now but the front suspension just does not handle my weight am i able to put heavy duty springs in the front and if so where can i get them from i had a look but i cant find any listed for a ds 80?? Other than that the bike goes great will some pics soon. Also what is everyone doing with the oil pump i have mine connected at the moment but i am running premix aswell just to make sure the pump is working or is it best to disconnect it and just run premix ?? Cheers

i disconnected my oil pump too, and blocked off the pipe into the carby.
i run semi synthetic premix, at 32/1 in all my bikes

have you checked the condition of your fork oil etc ?
i pulled mine down, cleaned them up, and replaced the original fork oil, with some Castrol10w fork oil.
it made the front end so much nicer/smoother over the bumps, you can always add a bit mo\re too to suit your weight.
i'm 65kg, so i went with the standard amount of oil.

you can also fit some spacers in the forks, that sit on top of the springs, that will stiffen them up a bit too.
something approx 10mm thick, and see how they go.

ok im gonna change the oil and see how they go from there... when you disconnected your oil pump did you remove the drive gear from the rear of the pump ??

so now i have to replace the fork seals that have started to leak and replace the tail light as the rubber mount has split around two of the bolt holes hopefully i can get this from suzuki...

Latest posts

Back