Suzuki DS80 Build Up!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabomb

Reaction score
Fellas,

Acquired me a 1985 Suzuki DS80 in the weekend (fo free :)), its a bit rough but its about to get a big birthday!
Long live the 2 banger smokers.

ds801.jpg

ds802.jpg

ds803.jpg

FMF band pipe and silencer, big clean up (its in peice in my garage atm), get the frame sandblasted and painted.
new bars,throttle,grips,levers,new tyres and tubes for the moment.

Last edited:
Haha sweet dude, Will be good to see it finished.
I Picked up an old 1990? (i think) pw80 for 100 bux, Rebuilt the top end and Done it up a bit, theyre Good fun to bash around the farm on and its pretty bulletproof from what its been put through lol.

haha the old DS, dam i used to have fun on a mates.....keen to see the finished product

Ahh the memories. Should come up looking sweet. Those things have a bit of balls to em as well.

ahh yes, apparently its been bored out to a 100cc too.

Dang!! I remember (well vaugly) having a few too many beers and dumping the clutch on the old DS. Sat me on my ass that quick I couldn't believe it!! Bruised the **** out of me. So good for wheelies.

when i had my ds80 a few years back my dad and uncle chucked a rm80 exhaust on really gave it some go. so maybe go to wreckers try that before you grab a fmf exhaust.

Update

Got the bars on, killswitch, clutch lever, new tyres and tubes, cleaned up the wiring, new chain, new grips.

Dodgied me up a 4stroke muffler on for the time being...

Ordered me a fmf fatty pipe and powercore 2 silencer from the states :)

ds804.jpg

ds805.jpg

ds806.jpg

i think ill leave the frame for the moment, gunna leave the headlight, may get a acerbis one later on.

haha, the good old ds 80. twas my second bike, bloody awesome. i regretted selling it once i had got my dt 175, should have kept both, ah well live and learn

shes looking nice you need to get a headlight or a number plate for the front or it will look naked

dam thats nice but you might want some brakes soon when i get my kawasaki going ill race ya lol

maybe have a look into some kx65 or some old rm80 forks for it. they might be able to fit with some modifications. other then that its looking good.

dam you need some brakes so ya can open it up properly......:D looking good

Latest posts

Back