Suzuki DS80, no CDI or points?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yep should have just come straight here. They were stabs at Google.

Funny thing too - the first thing I checked 3 weeks ago was the problem lol... Do it once do it right huh.

Our lawn mower was doing the same thing, wish the DS carb was as simple as that thing it had the same problem and only took 45 minutes to fix... Instead of 3 weeks =/.. Those little gas jet wires worked perfect.

I'm tempted to buy a piece of junk off our local auction site over here and restore it, sell it etc... I signed a contract til December yesterday that will only have me busy some evenings.

Thanks for everything

wiring diagram for 1982 DS-80

your coil looks the same as my '86 model

the ignition coil on the 1981 DS80 and onwards also contains the CDI unit.
so unless you have an early model bike then you have the correct parts fitted.

I have a 1982 DS-80. Motor ran fine, then just quite, good compression, fuel , but no spark. Changed coil under tank with 2 different new coils, no spark.
Installed new points and condenser, no spark.
Installed new ignition coil on magneto , no spark.
Installed a complete NOS magneto, no spark.
Checked wire from points to coil under tank for short,ground, continuity. Still no spark.
Does any one have a wiring diagram. There is nothing but one wire from the mag to the head light, no kill button on bike.

Where did ya learn that the CDI is inside the coil on 81 and later models? If this is true, where can one get a replacement coil with built in CDI?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back