Suzuki DS80 running rich

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davo81

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I've got a little ds80 im playing with at the moment. It appears to be running rich at full throttle and is reluctant to rev out. I have done the carb several times and believe it to be spotless inside. What i did try was i removed the air filter which is brand new and ran the bike it runs great without it fitted. It revs freely and comes back to a nice idle so i believe its running rich. I have since dropped the needle by changing the clip position. I started in the middle and have now worked my way to the top position so fully lean with no change. If i take of the air filter it runs fairly well if not a little bit lean without the filter.

So im thinking i need a smaller main jet or the float level is wrong. I set the float to 21mm but when taking the measurement does it include the gasket or is it from the gasket surface..?? Also where is a good place to buy carby kit for this im thinking of changing all the parts just to be sure.

Any help greatly appreciated i will get some pics of the bike up soon.

Cheers

Come on guys so many views and not one bit of help....

As far as checking the float level, it should always be checked from the gasket surface to the top of the float (with carb upside-down, bottom of the float if you're looking at it normal). I would make sure that it is set to whatever spec the service manual says, as just guessing could be what's causing the bike to run rich. After you get that sorted, if it is still sputtery in the high RPM range, I would just grab the next two smaller size jets and try each until you get it set how you like. However, carb tuning should always start with the pilot circuit, so it's also a good idea to make sure you have the correct pilot in there as well.

Latest posts

Back