Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
Just wondering what people's opinions on the RMX's are, specifically the 98 model, as I am thinking of getting one, they are cheap enough, and a 2T would be fun on the road ;)

I had one for a bout a week then it turned out stolen
Haha
Good bike though supposed to be a really good engine and really powerfull

Na mate needed quite a bit of work didn't even have a piston haha

my mate has one, a '98 RMX250, it absolutely flies
and the only mod i can see on it is it has Boyeson 2 stage reeds in it.
it comes on powerband like it is a race prepped RM250
worst thing about them is the carby, they have a Keihin PJ38
they don't have an idle speed screw, so you are constantly on the throttle to keep it idling, once you are moving though it is fine.
so all you'd need to do is fit a PWK38 and that sort's the idle troubles.

Yea, upon doing some reading, I heard the carb is a major fault. Apparently it causes alot of low end bog. I dont think I'd be taking it on a track, only trails. I heard its a great woods bike, it sounds good for what I'll be using it for. Do ProCircuit/FMF make a bolt on Expansion Chamber for them ?

yeah it's the same as the RM250 pipe for a '98

a low end bog is only jetting, i read that the Pilot is a bit big for the US delivered bikes
my mates' bike has no bog of idle or hesitations at any revs, and it has the standard jetting too.

The other issues with this motor (after long use) is the carb slide fracturing and the powervalve breaking in half and munting up the piston.. Doubt it would happen if you caught the problem early (inspections)
get one made past 98 so they have adr compliance and honnestly i would buy one in a box and go from there, unless you can get a good one cheapish then pull the top end off to inspect the bottom end etc before riding it for too many hrs

Yea, they sound good, from all I've read they are an extremely underrated bike. Have to keep an eye out for one locally! Good to hear I can get an aftermarket pipe for it, I want to get the most power out of it1

Latest posts

Back