Tacho/Hour meter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
Here is a review on a digital tacho and hour meter you can buy on ebay.

Link: Tachometer Hour Meter for Motorcycle,ATV,Sti,4 stroke - eBay Other Motors, Engines, Parts, Motors, Engines, Parts, Boat Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 17-Sep-10 14:06:54 AEST)

How to set it up:
It only requires you to wrap one of the wires around the spark plug cable for 30mm, and the other wire to ground.

Performance:
The tacho isn't very responsive when you rev the engine hard, but I have seen another digital tacho do the same thing. For the price I don't think you will get much better. The hour meter cant fail it only counts time...

Build quality:
The build quality was better than I expected its fully sealed and water proof which is a plus.

Overall:
I think for the price it's not a bad thing to have on your bike mainly for the reason of the hour meter. And for a few bucks extra I think the tacho is worth getting as well.

I hope there is no grammar errors, and this is an alright review :)

Sam93...

Last edited:
I hope there is no grammer errors, and this is an alright review :)

Sam93...

haha.

Yeah, looks alright, where did you mount yours? Does the tachometer just delay for a second or does it just not show?

Might have to get one..

Lol the one word I get wrong is the most important :(
Heres a picture from my motard thread:
IMG_3137resizedwebsmall.jpg

IMG_3139resizedwebsmall.jpg

And it just cant keep up like it will pick up idle then ill rev to wot and it will show up with like 3,200rpm 8,900 rpm then 10,450rpm it cant read as fast as it revs. If you were just tuning and reving slower it would be okay and responsive. Im also running a yx150 with IRK its very snappy.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember now, I thought you had just a normal tachometer in there, and you just brought this one.. Lol, oh well.

Looks the goods anyways.

I gave you +rep for your post :)

Thanks TyD and DHZ_XR.........

You could mount it pretty easy in a few different places with just cable ties. You can also extend the wires not like you would need to as they are already a decent length...

Good reveiw + great idea for the handle bar mount looks good , I wish I knew there were tacho/hour meter combos last friday when I ordered my hour meter.

I have seen billet brackets that you rivet to your frame or bolt near your triple tree but im stuffed if i can find where to buy them

If you can find a picture I might have a go at making one and making a tut on how to do it? :)

Sam, you didn't get it wrong (unless you've already corrected it), it is spelt grammar!

It never hurts to pick up a dictionary, or JFGI ;)

However, the sentence should read: "I hope there are no grammatical errors and this is an alright review :)".

+Reps all the same, no major mistakes up to there :p

Latest posts

Back