takegawa 88cc bore kit for 12v monkey

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leimoto23

Reaction score
someone told me if you fit a 88cc bore kit onto a 12v z50 that it would be a waste of money and wont offer any more power

can someone confirm

cheers

ps i want to fit the above bore kit int a stock 50cc z50 (40th anniversary)

Whoever told you that has no idea. Your power goes from 2.5 HP to over 5 HP. You notice a massive difference. Same as on a crf50. It will have larger carb, high lift cam etc. Way more power all round. Do it for sure mate, dont listen to people who have no idea....Im suprised someone on MG told you that its a waste of money.

Whoever told you that has no idea. Your power goes from 2.5 HP to over 5 HP. You notice a massive difference. Same as on a crf50. It will have larger carb, high lift cam etc. Way more power all round. Do it for sure mate, dont listen to people who have no idea....Im suprised someone on MG told you that its a waste of money.

yeah thanks fd.
I thought I would get a second opinion...

cheers

i more think you were told put a 106 in instead of a 88 not they dont give more power

mate youll find most ppl here are members on MG as well , reready the mg threads you have aboutt this same topic ,there smart ppl ya no

i more think you were told put a 106 in instead of a 88 not they dont give more power

mate youll find most ppl here are members on MG as well , reready the mg threads you have aboutt this same topic ,there smart ppl ya no

yeah sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone. I misinterpreted the information I was given.

so there's no problem with the 88 kit in a 12v monkey? I don't want to go fast, just 60-80 to travel to work

cheers man, and once again no disrespect

Yeah i read the MG thread. They seemed to be pointing towards the extra power of a 106. Depends on the cash you have. If you have enough then go all out and throw in a crank and everything. But if not 88 is sweet. You can also run a 88 Race Head kit. Which gives you some more power over the 88 Hyper s-stage kit. Go to classichonda50saustralia.com.au when Jamie is back online. Have a look there, he has great deals on Motor kits and knows alot about them. He will help you out for sure.

hey its ok none taken matey ,your learning ,all good ask away ,tho most of your questions will be more suited to mg ,plenty of info there on this very topic and helps off ppl in the know on where to source parts and how or who best to install them

man you will be going a max speed of 70-80 max not good for a motor on the street

Latest posts

Back