Takegawa TAF 5-Speed Trans

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_GDFP

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
Did an install in a set of Honda 50 cases for a SuMo racer. Sweet parts, easy install. Minor case grinding required. Works as well as a Honda trans could ever dream to, and a lot more rugged than the older pre-TAF versions. Still hoping to do one in a China big-block, but some one's already been mocking it up for a LONG time...

9-16-10002.jpg

9-16-10004.jpg

9-16-10003.jpg

havent herd any good reports on these only how they failed , keep us informed cuz

Will-do. He's got a couple races in with it, and so far, all's swell. The failures I've heard aboot were on the Planet, and it sounded like he had a faulty machined set of cases, and a big displacement Nice engine. The gears are a lot wider than the old 5-speed and seem fine in the FP'd 117. I still would stick with fewer gears for certain work, but in specific applications they're the cats pajamas. Not as cool as Rach's pajamas, but still;)

cool will be very interesting , looking into 5 speeds for the daytona would be nice in my z50

Forgive my ignorance, but which Daytona are you running? 150 has enough torque to pull 4 wider gears, IMO. A 119 would really benefit from the extra cogs, especially for road work. I'll be testing a few street combo's in my Z this summer. It only lasts a few months here, so I better get wrenching:)

$400 for the Tak 4-speed versus $600 for the 5-speed. Still a decent deal for a high-end build.

hey your forgiven lol

my daytona 150 , its nice dont get me wrong but that extra gear would be sweet , when tooling down the freeway at 70mph

in case you haven t seen it , puts a hyw run in the end

my greenie

Ah, yep, NOW I remember that little green beauty! Awesome bike. My Z is a beat up POS:)
The Daytona box is a little short between 1st and 4th for road work. TRX90 trans is wider ratio and slips right in, FWIW.

i know this is an old thread.. but how did she hold up?

Latest posts

Back