tappet / valve adjuster tool

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DvDRip

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Got one of these babies a couple weeks ago to make valve adjustments easier, sure it's unnecessary you can just use a pair of pliers and a spanner but this just makes it so much easier. I found it hard to grip the adjuster with pliers while tightening the nut and had to repeat the process like 3 times cuz it always tightened down too much and clamped the gauge in.
The large part is a spanner and the smaller part has the square shape in the end that holds the adjuster, and that slots through the spanner so you can hold the adjuster in place while tightening the nut. I've used it 3 or 4 times now and it's worth every cent. I highly recommend you grab one of these if you work on china engines allot (or fiddies)
900009P%20Valve%20adjust%20tool%20set.jpg

Classic Honda 50's Australia - DRP Valve Adjust Tool Set

good idea man i hate the pliers an spanner trick i hav the same problem with tighting in the feeler gauge.

Ive been looking around for this tool for ages. Im buying one straight away, it will make doing my valves so much easier. No more Pliers!!! haa. Thanks for posting this up

yer same been looking for these for a while thanks for posting this!!!!!

thanks dvd for the info it looks like it would make life easier

if you have an old cable driven speedo , smash it to bits and the driven part in the speedo is the same.
vote for me

Last edited:
^^^^hmm thats a pretty clever and resourceful idea there Dafunk, nice work mate. :)

ps: Dont vote for Dafunk, vote for my bike instead. ;)

lol i still dont have a set tho nxt time i order from Jaime it will be on the list :)

sorry guys if im stupid and didnt see where ya bought it

but where did ya get it from???
do they sell em at supercheap or something
cheers

The first -- and perhaps most complicated -- part of the job will probably be removal of the bodywork that blocks access to the valve covers. However, bikes such as BMWs, Valkyries, and our Moto Guzzi example, allow you to get to the valve covers without stripping of the fuel tank or other bodywork. In that case, start by removing the engine covers that need to come off to perform the procedure. You can remove the covers in any order you like. In this instance, the alternator cover was removed first so we had access to the crankshaft rotor bolt, which simplified turning the engine over. Some bikes will lose a bit of oil when this cover comes off, so you might want to have a drip pan below it

The first -- and perhaps most complicated -- part of the job will probably be removal of the bodywork that blocks access to the valve covers. However, bikes such as BMWs, Valkyries, and our Moto Guzzi example, allow you to get to the valve covers without stripping of the fuel tank or other bodywork.[/url]

:boxe:

Same with about 99% of minibikes ...........................................

I use that same tool, almost every day. A mark on the knob and a little trial and error, and you can toss the feeler gauges and use rotation angle from zero lash;)

Latest posts

Back