tb 88 race head kit carby + jetting issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard_199

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering what carbs n jetting you 88 guys are running atm I've just installed the 88 racehead kit and also have the pc ti full system I'd rather buy a good quality carb strait away cheers guys :)

I have built a couple of these and found them hard to jet, usually way to rich, I put it down to the junky carb. but if you are thinking new carb anyway, I would do that first, it will be way more reliable.

Thanks man :) do ya know of any good 20mm carbs out there or maybe possibly bigger? Btw its richo from mini mayhem :)

Try and drop a smaller pilot in and see how it goes. Just move the needle back to the middle position first and make one adjustment at a time. You will find it very hard to remove the bog completely if it is happening only when you crack the throttle hard and idle.

yeh smaller pilot and mains, I will tell you what I got in there tomorrow bud.

crf, TB88, race cam, stock head.

pilot: 30
main: 85
needle clip: middle position.
mixture screw: all the way in.

running good today with the stock pipe on, no baffle, the end tip is on. havent tried this setting with my PC pipe.

if anyone thinks I could be doing something better please tell me, I will try anything.

Yeah guys that sounds about right :) I messed around with it today I've got the stock pilot not sure with the 85 main it worked well with only slight bog in the mid under hard throttle :) so much happier now haha, you any good a poppin Wheelies westy? With the stock setup I could do them for ks now with the 88 I'm havin trouble ive just put a michelin rear on her and doesn't feel the same seems to wanna pull to the side haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back