TDR 125 2012 model - A quick picture preview

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timeeh

Go Go Gadget Moderator
Supporter
Reaction score
My sister just picked up one of these and I now have the job of giving it the once over and learning about how many spots on the bike you can use locktite :) Anyway here is a few pics to show you what TDR currently has on offer...
As it came out of the box (pretty pink bits)
IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

Remote resovior rear shock, and fuel filter as standard?? (Wow this things amazing)
IMAG0253.jpg

Naked China (this ones for you Hillz)
IMAG0254.jpg

Impressive welts...I means welds
IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

The air filter doesn't actually look to bad (seriously, it is of resonable quality)
IMAG0257.jpg

Beautifull blue exhaust dress up, And whats this??? A key for security :cheeky-smiley-031:
IMAG0258.jpg

And now for the grand finale......(Drum roll here)..... Linkage rear end - Holy Crap - This i did not expect. This makes this model just as good as an LXR and at about $10,000.00 cheaper, why bother with the LXR :p
IMAG0259.jpg

So all up it looks resonable so far, and i still can't get over the fact it has a linkage rear end... All the bolts (that iv'e got to so far) have been done up nice and tight, although the fact that they have used allen key heads for some bolts and not others is a pain in the ass, but these can be replaced. Hopefully tonight i'll get some time and put it all together. I'll post some more pics tommorow.

Timeeh how much did your sister pay for it? I had never seen a TDR up close before only on ebay i too are very suprised that it has a linkage rear end. Thanks for the preview Timeeh look forward to seeing more.

Timeeh how much did your sister pay for it? I had never seen a TDR up close before only on ebay i too are very suprised that it has a linkage rear end. Thanks for the preview Timeeh look forward to seeing more.

$400 + shipping. For the price you really can't go wrong. I'm not sure what engine is in it though, i'm thinking lifan? And for a first pitbike it should be OK although she also owns a very angry 01 YZ250... so i have a feeling this things gonna cop a floggin :)

Yes Timeeh i think it may cop a floggin by the sound of it LOL it will be interesting to see how it handles that floggin. Like you said for that price you really cant go wrong.

I think its a ducar 125 and be careful jumping that thing, it has the agb27 frame which is what I tried to fix after it snapped behind the head stem and the rear shock mount disconnected itself. Atomik had the same linkage setup in 2007 on thier 125 which looks identical.

I think its a ducar 125 and be careful jumping that thing, it has the agb27 frame which is what I tried to fix after it snapped behind the head stem and the rear shock mount disconnected itself. Atomik had the same linkage setup in 2007 on thier 125 which looks identical.

Oh well if the frame snaps, with the money she saved on buying it, i'm sure she can just buy a new frame :) Cheers for the heads up though, looking at those welds doesn't give me much confidence... What frame are these based on? I have a feeling there a klx style?

Grab a pic of the engine number and code mate, and we will see if it is a copy of a china copy engine. Love ther fuel tank spacing, but yeah for the price and knowing she has a full time mechanic like yourself to build and help out everything will be good. Good stuff mate, pink suits your eyes.

pretty sure the TDR's have the weakest frame out of all pitbikes ever made and have been known to snap.. infact there the only china bike iv herd snap. but its for a female rider im guessing a beginner and not a MX PRO lol it should be alright, My mrs wants a TDR or a kx60........... bikes gonna die on the TDR and shes gonna die on the KX lol cant win..

pretty sure the TDR's have the weakest frame out of all pitbikes ever made and have been known to snap.. infact there the only china bike iv herd snap. but its for a female rider im guessing a beginner and not a MX PRO lol it should be alright, My mrs wants a TDR or a kx60........... bikes gonna die on the TDR and shes gonna die on the KX lol cant win..

Yea i know about the frame... As for a female rider, well this is true however she been riding nearly as long as me, and well.....
DSC01115.JPG

DSC01174.JPG

and lastly this (skip to 3:09 :) )
[video=youtube;X_XR2DsGjzo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_XR2DsGjzo[/video]

So yea...The bike might not last a real long time, but it'll be a great test :)

Man she can more than handle herself that's awesome to have a misses that will get out there and rip it. Is it just me or is that bike kicking out on her constantly?

Man she can more than handle herself that's awesome to have a misses that will get out there and rip it. Is it just me or is that bike kicking out on her constantly?

LOL thats my sis, not the missus. and yep it sits twisted constantly - just had a top and bottom rebiuld and holy **** it's a white knukle ride. Makes my 93 seem like a pitbike in comparison :)

**** my bad brother sorry bout that one I should pay more attention hey, but how good would it be to have a misses that got out there haha. Yeah the thing hammers sorry again mate.

She seems a great rider for a female rider!! why did she get a pitbike though?

Oh yeah she doesn't seem too shy to hang the back wheel out!!!!

She rode mine and wanted to get herself one too, u can never have too many bikes :). This ill be Herr third with the other 2 being the yz pictured above and a gixxer 600

Damn the chick even has street cred, bet she taught you how to ride timeeh.

Latest posts

Back