Tdr pro 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruan_rsa

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so my first bike is up and running and so far no problems !
Now like always I want to make it better and not have a standard tdr like other people.
Can any one point me in the right direction as to what upgrades to do.
I was thinking, new exhaust, better chain n sprockets. Vm26 makuni carb ( if that will fit) ? New spark plug n lead. Clutch and brake lever - cables?
I'm new to bikes and from what I've read that May make it abit of a better bike ? I know tdr's don't have the best reviews lol
Thanx for any input and help, also what make exhaust etc can I buy from eBay ? Thanx everyone

biggest upgrade on the tdr's would be suspension, my sis in laws had a linkage rear but felt atrocious due to the really cheap shocky. Might be worth comparing your linkage setup to that of the lxr's, see what is interchangable. The dnm rear that the lxr uses would 100% better than the one on your bike.

Ok yeh cheers will see how the suspension feels a few weeks down the track.
Thank for those threads my67xr will be helpfull.
Do you know if I change the carburetor and exhaust will I need to have the bike tuned? If so how is that done is it a big job having it tuned?

Ok yeh cheers will see how the suspension feels a few weeks down the track.
Thank for those threads my67xr will be helpfull.
Do you know if I change the carburetor and exhaust will I need to have the bike tuned? If so how is that done is it a big job having it tuned?
carb and exhaust personally i would leave until you get a bit of riding in. then i would go to a oko 24mm or something.
It will require a re-jet for sure. This takes some time and some may argue skill.

New exhaust is unlikely to change much unless the current one is tiney.. and if you are not riding at a track then i recommend leaving it that way for a while

Ride the bastard till it doesn't move, then upgrade or go some nice kenda tyres or something
These 125's are pretty much throwaway bikes imo and only spend some nice money on them once you are generally happy with them..
Eg my current pitbike does not limit my riding in almost any way so i am happy with it so then i spent some more money on forks etc.. etc.
I doubt you will ever get the similar feeling on a crf 70 style frame/50 style so the less money put into it and more riding time the better imo

Alright thanx heaps for the info think I'll keep this one standard apart from upgrading some bolt etc. wil ride this till it brakes then get my self a dhz 140cc or 160cc.

Hey guys just an update on my tdr. Bike is running great! No problems at all except for having a rim lock installed. To much riding on tarmack but now she is back up and running.any one know what type of sticker kits I can buy for my bike? Not sure what will fit etx.
I would definitely recommend this bike to any one starting off riding for the price I would buy another one. Cheers guys enjoy!

this one uses CRF50 stickers

0.jpg

this one has Apollo/Orion type stickers

!B2GmUJQ!2k~$(KGrHqMOKjME)Nsi1qhkBMhHO18O4w~~_12.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back